Home General Discussion
Options

Need some suggestions

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Ok so I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks, my fiance's step sister is getting married. I wanna take some stogies with me for the wedding. The groom is a cigar enthusiast and so is the fiance's dad and brother. So I'm trying to decide what to pick up to take with me. For the groom I'll be picking up something nice to take him. For everybody else I'm trying to decide what to get, I'm doing this on a budget wanna keep it under $100 if possible. I don't know how many other enthusiast will be there but who doesn't wanna have a smoke at a wedding right? Here are my ideas:
CCOM House Blend Sampler (1 or 2 of them)
Box of Diesel UC
AJ Fernandez All Star Corona Sampler (2 or 3 of them)
CAO 5 x 2 Sampler (2 or 3 of them)
CAO Cuban Press Sampler (2 of them)
5 Vegas Box-Pressed Sampler (2 of them)
Cigar.com Ultimate 3x5 Belicoso Combo (2 of them)
MOW Box-Press Sampler (2 of them)
Dirty Dozen II Sampler (2 of them)
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur box
Rocky Patel Signature Series box

Any input or ideas is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I bet Tim could set you up with a box of Jaime Garcia petit robustos for $100, that would be a great cigar to take.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I will float out a box 5 Vegas AAA. Excellent cigar, price is right (especially if you hunt around a bit) and the bands are super sexy!

• Options
    j0z3r:
    I bet Tim could set you up with a box of Jaime Garcia petit robustos for $100, that would be a great cigar to take.
    I've never had any of these. But on the word of Joe that says a lot about it!
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    I will float out a box 5 Vegas AAA. Excellent cigar, price is right (especially if you hunt around a bit) and the bands are super sexy!

Good call. My only concern, and this is with some of the ones I listed too, is if it'd be too strong for anybody who doesn't smoke regularly but wants to join in on the fun.
  • Options
    ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

Good call. My only concern, and this is with some of the ones I listed too, is if it'd be too strong for anybody who doesn't smoke regularly but wants to join in on the fun.
    I normally have a few extra 5 Vegas classics around for that very scenario.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Cigar.com recently had a box of oliva o's for something like 60 bucks. You might be able to have Tim to get you in on that
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Cigar.com recently had a box of oliva o's for something like 60 bucks. You might be able to have Tim to get you in on that
    i would go with the G my friend is getting married she wanted to know what to get her husbands grooms men i told her to go with that she really enjoyed them and so did her husband
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

Fun? My suggestion is exactly why it WOULD be fun! You could stand around watching everyone slowly turn green and trying to act like they were enjoying the he11 out of em.

Remember my brother, sometimes you have to make your OWN fun. :-D

• Options
    ltherron:
    ltherron, where'd you come from??? Must have missed your introduction thread. Welcome to the greatest online forum in existence, and thanks for your service!

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Joyo de Nicaragua Dark Corojo Antano - just hand them out, act like you can't pronounce the name and ask if anyone can help you - give an Opus X/GOF to anyone who can pronounce it correctly; everyone else gets a 5 Vegas Classic/Gold with a GOF band on it ;)
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Put together a 5 Vegas Sampler, you can't go wrong there.
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

Fun? My suggestion is exactly why it WOULD be fun! You could stand around watching everyone slowly turn green and trying to act like they were enjoying the he11 out of em.

Could you imagine handing punishers out to everyone and watchin their reactions...LMAO
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The Kid:
    The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

Could you imagine handing punishers out to everyone and watchin their reactions...LMAO
    Oh hell yes - THIS . . . DO IT!!

• Options
    xmacro:
    The Kid:
    The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

And please... TAKE VIDEO! LMAO!

What a bunch of helpers we are, huh ENFIDEL? LOL

• Options
    ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    The Sniper:
    ltherron:
    ltherron, where'd you come from??? Must have missed your introduction thread. Welcome to the greatest online forum in existence, and thanks for your service!

yea... about that... I knew I forgot something, I'll post one shortly. And thanks for the welcome
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've had great success handing out Excaliburs to people, they are smooth and tasty. I'd say either those or the AJ corona sampler. Those are some great smokes and varied, too, which will help match the person to the right cigar. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these.

If you're gonna have the video tape rolling while people are yakking up their pvnishers another nice trick would be to get a big bowl of wasabi and put chips by it so people think it's guacamole. Good times.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    My suggestion would be Gran Habano Vinatge 2002. Not only is it a great cigar for people that actually smoke... but it also has lots of cool stuff to "unwrap" before you smoke it, so the fakers in the crowd will still be very impressed. Plus... you can get a mazo of 20 of em for like $40 bucks...
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    xmacro:
    The Kid:
    The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

And please... TAKE VIDEO! LMAO!

What a bunch of helpers we are, huh ENFIDEL? LOL

I'm seriously considering this. It'd be one of the most awesome things ever!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input fellas, it's very much appreciated!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    e6specialk:
    ==>Agreed, you always have to have a few eyepokers/yardgars on hand for an occasion such as this!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    e6specialk:
    ==>Agreed, you always have to have a few eyepokers/yardgars on hand for an occasion such as this!
    I think a couple of those 5Vegas sampler tins would be pretty impressive to show up with.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about me taking some Tabak Especial Negra Robusto? I think it'd be a great stick for after dinner and for anybody
  • Options
    for a guy who doesnt smoke infused cigars, I liked it very much
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    If it were me, I'd go with a box of Padron naturals. A few of the vitolas can be had for under $100 for a box.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    If it were me, I'd go with a box of Padron naturals. A few of the vitolas can be had for under $100 for a box.
    That's a great idea Marty, I hadn't even thought of Padr
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    lilwing88:
    That's a great idea Marty, I hadn't even thought of Padr
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hey, Elijah. I'd suggest some Camacho Corojo Monarcha or Zino Classic #6. If you'd like either of these, I know where you can get these for a very affordable price.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I just got one of those 5 Vegas Box press samplers about 3 weeks ago in a kelly deal and it was awesome. I would highly suggest that one. I never had the Miami and the Cask Strength before and was really impressed. For the variety and the price and the consistency, its a great sampler.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    what about AF Hemingway Short Story

It would be a shorter smoke time for those that can't go missing from a wedding for a long time.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Hey, Elijah. I'd suggest some Camacho Corojo Monarcha or Zino Classic #6. If you'd like either of these, I know where you can get these for a very affordable price.
    Wayne if you wouldn't mind I'd love the info. Thanks brother!