Home Non Cigar Related
Options

First attempt at BBQ ribs

Made my first at smoked ribs this weekend and I must say the process was better than the ribs. Set up a TV on the deck and i sat outside for five hours smoking cigars and drinking margaritas. I think I may have to cook ribs every weekend.

Comments

• Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Did you smoke them in a smoker or just indirect grill them?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no, no, you've got it backward. You're supposed to smoke the cigars and grill the ribs... not the other way around. LOL
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out how Chili's does their ribs smother the ribs in your favorite BBQ sauce wrap tight in aluminum foil bake at 275degrees for 2 and a half hours then put on grill and add more sauce I prefer indirect heat for about 30 more minutes then a little direct heat to get a little char on them.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Everything you ever wanted to know about smoking meat can be found here:
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Everything you ever wanted to know about smoking meat can be found here:
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/
    there seems to be as forum for everything now days..
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I have found that soaking the ribs the night before in beer really tenderizes them and makes them extra tender with the smoking. I Also rub them down with brown sugar and spices before smoking.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    I smoke my ribs by putting them in a metal container and fill with apple juice and cover with aluminum foil. Put them back on the smoker for 1.5 hours. Take them out of the apple juice and put them back on the smoker indirectly. Smoke for another 1.5 hours and take them off. I put either my homemade BBQ sauce or Sweet Baby Rays (best bbq sauce ever that is cheap). Now I direct grill the ribs to give it that char taste. Man they are great!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    granneja:
    I have found that soaking the ribs the night before in beer really tenderizes them and makes them extra tender with the smoking. I Also rub them down with brown sugar and spices before smoking.
    +1. The rub is the key to great BBQ IMHO.