Options

Obsessive/Compulsive ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    Bad Andy:
    i'm still getting used to it myself. It will be one year tuesday. My first, her second. It's interesting sometimes b/c I can get in that single-man mindset, reverting back to a knuckle dragger. I'll have plenty of cigars when the kid comes b/c I won't be able to smoke them.
    One year! Hey Andy I've had fights with my wife that lasted longer than that ! Congratulations though, I'm at 20 years now.
    Dang, Kas.. I didn't think you were much older than that, let alone married that long!
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    kaspera79:
    Bad Andy:
    i'm still getting used to it myself. It will be one year tuesday. My first, her second. It's interesting sometimes b/c I can get in that single-man mindset, reverting back to a knuckle dragger. I'll have plenty of cigars when the kid comes b/c I won't be able to smoke them.
    One year! Hey Andy I've had fights with my wife that lasted longer than that ! Congratulations though, I'm at 20 years now.
    Thanks Kas. I hope I make it that long.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    kaspera79:
    Bad Andy:
    Thanks Kas. I hope I make it that long.
    You worried about her killing you before then? Thats my biggest fear. I'll never have the testicular fortitude to try to divorce her.
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Obsessive, no; compulsive, definitely not... but I can't resist a great deal!!!

You just can't beat the pricing on cigar.com samplers and daily deals! Humi's full, but still went in for more, dang.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    I just love the deals.. i smoke 1 or 2 sticks a day and have about 65 resting and 40 sticks in the mail and another 60 on the "next Paycheck" list... im still in the try/buy everything phase and getting into the rest the rare ones and smoke the bargain ones
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    holy old thread batman!! over a year old, lol.

But... while we got it going. Yeah, I'm similar to a lot of these guys. I buy 5 packs and singles and not a lot of boxes. I've been smoking for a couple years, but there are so many I still want to try. My humidors are overflowing and I can't stop finding great deals and new ones I want to try!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    After you purchase your first box...you will be off on another journey... They are beautiful.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    With all the good deals on line and my B&M being many miles away I don't even bother with that over priced stuff anymore. I will visit one when I am on vacation in another venue just to see what they have that might be different
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Luko:
    One thing I've found that I always do when picking a smoke is pull out what I deem to be the least best I have in the humidor...it's like I'm afraid to smoke the higher-end stuff for fear I won't get a replacement for some time. I'm a single stick buyer, never purchased a box.
    I am like you Luko, Exactly... I have several Nice sticks in the Humi I seem to be scared to touch, I keep a few of the local B&M local rolled sticks in the humi and i find myself grabbing them all the time. I asked my wife to pic out one for me to smoke and she grabs the padron's or the Monti Cristo Tubos..... I seem to save the really Nice sticks for special occasions or when I know im going to be around another BOTL. Obsession and Compulsion is the Basis for the Disease of Addiction.. the Obsession is the always thinking,Talking Searching sceaming your next stick......... the Compulsion is Buying them even when you are trying to hold back.... These Daily Deals Prey on those with the disease of addiction! IMHO
  • Options
    bbc020:
    cigar junkie....now that is a title that probably applies to me. As long as I don't start stealing for my habit or make my life too unmanageable, I think I'm ok.
    We might need an intervention for you my friend. I'm still wating to see a person walk out of the tobacconist with a fuller bag of sticks than your first haul.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hawk55:
    After you purchase your first box...you will be off on another journey... They are beautiful.
    haha, isn't that the truth. You buy singles, then make the jump to five packs, from five-packs to boxes. And then if you get into auctions, well hang it up because you're done for. I've said it before, I'm not addicted to cigars, but I am a junkie for buying them. Like Brandon said, as long as I'm not stealing to support my habit and as long as I don't choose cigars over food, then I think I'll be ok.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    These Filthy Hands:
    bbc020:
    cigar junkie....now that is a title that probably applies to me. As long as I don't start stealing for my habit or make my life too unmanageable, I think I'm ok.
    We might need an intervention for you my friend. I'm still wating to see a person walk out of the tobacconist with a fuller bag of sticks than your first haul.
    haha...you should've seen my christmas haul down in Virginia...it was a bit over the top.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Hawk55:
    haha, isn't that the truth. You buy singles, then make the jump to five packs, from five-packs to boxes. And then if you get into auctions, well hang it up because you're done for. I've said it before, I'm not addicted to cigars, but I am a junkie for buying them. Like Brandon said, as long as I'm not stealing to support my habit and as long as I don't choose cigars over food, then I think I'll be ok.
    he didnt say you couldnt chose cigars over food;)
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:
    Hawk55:
    haha, yeah I threw that one in. I'll throw in another one...as long as I'm not on my knees in an alley with some dude just to get enough money to keep me smoking for a couple days....Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:
    Hawk55:
    you're right I didn't....in some cases choosing cigars over food could be healthier in my case
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    I think I have too many cigars now. My buying cigars has way outpaced my having the time to smoke them. So, so many I want to try, and so, so many I like to keep stock on. I'm out of room, even after sending a big box to my friend in Iraq.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I can't stop buying cigars !! It would take me a couple years to smoke what I have now, and still, I find myself clicking " submit order now"...
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    kaspera79:
    I can't stop buying cigars !! It would take me a couple years to smoke what I have now, and still, I find myself clicking " submit order now"...
    Step away from the button!
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    j0z3r:
    Hawk55:

Auctions? I think I need to do a little research on this subject

• Options
    badge54fd:
    j0z3r:
    Hawk55:

Auctions? I think I need to do a little research on this subject

And one more ventures down the slippery slope. :)
  • Options
    Stay away from the auctions...!!!! Not---you are so gonna be HOOKED
  • Options
    On my way to my car after work I pass a very repputable B&M....by the evenings as you walk past it you can smell the aroma (they have a lounge that can be seen from the street)...pure temptation. So sometimes I casually venture in and by the time I leave I have gathered a number of favorite stiks...I have got to stop.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    On my way to my car after work I pass a very repputable B&M....by the evenings as you walk past it you can smell the aroma (they have a lounge that can be seen from the street)...pure temptation. So sometimes I casually venture in and by the time I leave I have gathered a number of favorite stiks...I have got to stop.
    ..Location is everything. There is a Womans Workout World (Gym) near my house, and right next door is a Bakers Square Pie Shop. The pie shop is always full of ladies in their workout gear. Kind of counter productive I would think.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Hawk55:
    ..Location is everything. There is a Womans Workout World (Gym) near my house, and right next door is a Bakers Square Pie Shop. The pie shop is always full of ladies in their workout gear. Kind of counter productive I would think.
    That sounds like the exact right thing for the pie shop owner to do though... Women walk out of the gym feeling GREAT about themselves becuase they just worked out, so they feel the need to rewad themselves with some delicious pie. That pie shop owner is a genious!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    kaspera79:
    Hawk55:
    That sounds like the exact right thing for the pie shop owner to do though... Women walk out of the gym feeling GREAT about themselves becuase they just worked out, so they feel the need to rewad themselves with some delicious pie. That pie shop owner is a genious!
    And... the women can walk out with an entire pie and not feel guilty because they are bringing it home to their husbands...
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    kaspera79:
    yah totally my life