Home Non Cigar Related
Options

world of retail management...

anyone else here over worked and under paid and possibly in the world of retail management?

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Nope, I suffer the same consequences but work for the Government.
  • Options
    my wife works for the government she seems to have it a bit easier this is my life... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Q1eF6hZ4Y
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Ahhh the word of over worked an underpaid.
    Tis my life. Don't work retail though.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... i manage people exactly like that.
    ...especially the part about there baby daddy being in jail
    its awesome.

i have ways of weeding those people out.

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    Nope, I suffer the same consequences but work for the Government.
    +1--------but remember, we are all lazy govt employees with great benefits---kushy schedules---and the problem with the US economy.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    its awesome.

The great part is, they will usually do it for you!

• Options
    The Sniper:
    kuzi16:
    its awesome.

The great part is, they will usually do it for you!

luckly the state i work in isint a right to work state
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I work in Retail Management... Thinking on making a career move though, I will actually post a thread on here shortly about it...
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I'm also underpaid, but I drive a truck
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Did it for over 10 years. The money and bonuses were pretty decent but when I got married I was just fed up with working 60+ hrs a week with no O/T. One day I just said to myself I'm going to get new job. I started looking and put out a few resumes and found one making the same amount of money only working 40 hrs a week with O/T if I have to come in on the weekends. I've been there 5 years this Oct.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Did it for over 10 years. The money and bonuses were pretty decent but when I got married I was just fed up with working 60+ hrs a week with no O/T. One day I just said to myself I'm going to get new job. I started looking and put out a few resumes and found one making the same amount of money only working 40 hrs a week with O/T if I have to come in on the weekends. I've been there 5 years this Oct.
    this is the situation i am in now got married july 9th of this year so its been alittle over a month im just tired of these hours 6 day weeks last weeks past two weeks i worked every day
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Not retail management, but I'm putting in 60-70 hr weeks for *** pay - but then again, I'm in my 20's and it's a down payment on my future career (experience/resume I'm building is worth more than my pay, IMO), so I'm ok with it for the next few years.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I was in retail management for 7 years. It is totally not worth it unless you are hell bent on managing the store. The hours don't get much better but the pay sure does.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Low and mid level managers always are underpaid. Haven't seen a raise in 4 years.