Home Cigar 101

Innactive Humi prodecures?

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
So my travel Ashton humi (leather, cedar lined, holds 20 sticks or so) will soon be sitting inactive as winter approaches, and our camping season ends.
I don't need to store cigars in it.
Should I let it sit empty, or just throw in one or two humicare pillows or some beads, and check it every month or so?

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    So my travel Ashton humi (leather, cedar lined, holds 20 sticks or so) will soon be sitting inactive as winter approaches, and our camping season ends.
    I don't need to store cigars in it.
    Should I let it sit empty, or just throw in one or two humicare pillows or some beads, and check it every month or so?
    Yeah, keep is humidified so that you don't have to season it next year, or so it won't suck the Rh out of your first couple rounds of smokes next year... I keep my little travel guy IN my humidor so it stays nice

But, also, don't go overboard for it, just throw them packs in and check it every month or so!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I would keep 1 humi pillow in it and chekc it form week to week...re-seasoning isnt a bad idea every 6-9 months anyways, and usually it just takes 1-2 days instead of the usual 3-6 days to get it settled...I will wait until i see the humidity dropping in mine to the 63/4 range this winter and then re-season it