Home General Discussion
Options

Habanos SA... more deletions...

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
So this list came out today from one of the big names in Habanos sales down under, and I agree with his attitude towards this list... it is a dark day for smokers of cigars from the Island. Thought some of you might be interested.

Bolivar CE 25ct
Bolivar PC 50ct
Cuaba Tradicionales 25ct
Fonseca no.1 25ct
Upmann Mag 46 and 50 in 50ct.
HdM Churchill 25ct
HdM EE 50ct
LGC Tainos 10ct.
Punch PC 25ct.
ERDM PC 25ct
RyJ Corona 25ct
SLR Regio and Serie A 50ct.
Sancho Panza Molinos 25ct.
Trini Fundadores 12ct.
Trini Robusto Extra 12ct
Trini Robusto T 12ct and 24ct
VR Classicos 25ct
VR Familiar 25ct

Plus a handful of cartons...

Absolutely gutted at the deaths of the Bolivar CE and the Punch Petit Corona del Punch... but for me, the biggest loss is the La Gloria Cubana Tainos. What a gem. The fools at Habanos have lost their **** minds cutting some of this stuff, especially to make room for cigars like the Montecristo LE announced for 2012... which weighs in at a horrifying 55 ring gauge.

That said, the deletion of a Cuaba is frankly doing everyone a favor :P

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Cuaba is like smoking yard clippings
  • Options
    You're a fan of the SCDLH line aren't you? One of the big La Casa exclusives... if I remember correctly? Those all got scrapped earlier this year, along with the Bolivar Gold Medals... horrible.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    This sucks... Good brands going away... I'm by no means a CC aficionado, but I do enjoy a nice Cuban... I just wish my wallet would allow me to purchase a lot of these brands going away
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    You're a fan of the SCDLH line aren't you? One of the big La Casa exclusives... if I remember correctly? Those all got scrapped earlier this year, along with the Bolivar Gold Medals... horrible.
    They scraped the whole SCDLH line? Holy ****, I need to stock some boxes of these because I think it is one of the best habanos I have had and the fact that they flew under the radar could be found at good prices, IMO. Thank goodness for the OT I am working now. Thanks for the info Doc, I must have missed it as I thought they were only doing away with the Muralla viola.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    a sad day indeed.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    docbp87:
    They scraped the whole SCDLH line? Holy ****, I need to stock some boxes of these because I think it is one of the best habanos I have had and the fact that they flew under the radar could be found at good prices, IMO. Thank goodness for the OT I am working now. Thanks for the info Doc, I must have missed it as I thought they were only doing away with the Muralla viola.
    No no... not all of the San Cristobal line, just the La Casa releases... the Muralla, Mercaderes, and Oficio.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    bandyt09:
    docbp87:
    No no... not all of the San Cristobal line, just the La Casa releases... the Muralla, Mercaderes, and Oficio.
    Oh, OK still not that great but I am a fan of the El Principe so knowing that is still going to be available I guess I really only need to focus on the La Casa releases.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn! The Oficios is one of my favorites. It was the first cc's that I tried. Guess it's time to get a couple boxes in and let them rest for awhile. Thanks for the info doc.