Home General Discussion
Options

As a Newbe...

Title says it all. In my short 4 months I've smoked less than 300 cigars. I have to say first THIS FORUM ROCKS!! My head is spinning from all the info here. Thanks every one. I smoke at least 1 cigar a day. At this point I find that I enjoy Madoros, but I have very limited exp. I spend time each day reading posts and I just want to thank every one (again) for their input.

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. We all started in the same spot as you so sample what you can and enjoy the ride......
  • Options
    Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    Thanks. I should have said in the past month I have somked at least one a day.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Welcome ,you will find great info and a great group of guys and a few gals.
    Be prepared to increase you cigar budget, that is one thing being a forum member will make you want to buy more and more.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Flash318:
    Title says it all. In my short 4 months I've smoked less than 300 cigars. I have to say first THIS FORUM ROCKS!! My head is spinning from all the info here. Thanks every one. I smoke at least 1 cigar a day. At this point I find that I enjoy Madoros, but I have very limited exp. I spend time each day reading posts and I just want to thank every one (again) for their input.
    Welcome! And let me say that you are very lucky to find this forum as a new smoker! There are many awesome BOTLs here, and MUCH knowledge to be had. I smoked cigars for nearly 10yrs before joining this forum, and have learned as much in the past few months as I did the entire decade I smoked before joining! Have fun!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Welcome. :) As someone who learned everything they know about cigars from this here forum, I have to say that you're in good hands.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome man, you're in for a fun ride. I liked maduros the best when I first started and now can appreciate a good habano. Then again, a nice mild connecticut does me right. Keep trying new cigars - your pallete will change as your experience increases. Most importantly, have fun bro.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. I didn't know a thing about cigars when I started took me a couple months before I noticed the forum tab and clicked on it. Been hooked ever since. A wealth of knowledge here.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Where is Perkasie?
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Welcome man, you're in for a fun ride. I liked maduros the best when I first started and now can appreciate a good habano. Then again, a nice mild connecticut does me right. Keep trying new cigars - your pallete will change as your experience increases. Most importantly, have fun bro.
    I started out a lil backwards... loving stronger, full bodied Maduros and Habanos, and not caring so much for the lighter bodied cigars. As my palate has evolved, I've found that I love a good mild smoke, and regularly smoke Connecticut and Cameroon wrapped sticks.

As everyone else has said, this forum is a great wealth of knowledgeable BOTL's willing to share their knowledge and experience. Welcome aboard!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from Colorado! Buy a large cooler and some beads. You'll thank me later.
  • Options
    Perkasie is in Bucks County PA. Its a suberb of Philadelphia. I lived in Philly all my life, just moved out here about 6 months ago.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum use the search option!
  • Options
    Gurkha Man!:
    LOL! nice.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Flash318:
    Perkasie is in Bucks County PA. Its a suberb of Philadelphia. I lived in Philly all my life, just moved out here about 6 months ago.

Ah I'm a few hours west of ya then. Just south of Penn State.
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Gurkha Man!:
    Honestly not to start more drama, but in my short time on this forum I have seen very little bickering and drama. I'm sorry you got hurt that a few people told you to use the search function but get over it and stop spreading negativity in other threads.
  • Options
    danielruas:
    Gurkha Man!:
    Honestly not to start more drama, but in my short time on this forum I have seen very little bickering and drama. I'm sorry you got hurt that a few people told you to use the search function but get over it and stop spreading negativity in other threads.
    it was meant as a joke sorry you take this so seriously
  • Options
    I don't mind a little friendly teasing. I am havin fun on this forum and enjoying my cigar experiences. Thats what its all about Right
  • Options
    BTW i used the search option wont use the "N" word still workin on format
  • Options
    Gurkha Man!:
    danielruas:
    Gurkha Man!:
    it was meant as a joke sorry you take this so seriously
    I certainly took what you said as a joke. I chuckled. :)

There's nothing wrong with being able to look back on a situation and being able to take it in stride.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flash318:
    I don't mind a little friendly teasing. I am havin fun on this forum and enjoying my cigar experiences. Thats what its all about Right
    You got it! Welcome, don't let little family feuds put you off, it'll be alright.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I got to say it again THIS FORUM ROCKS,Looking into a coolador set up used the "search option" all my questions answered
    got the cooler ordering beads
    and of course more cigars!!
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Gurkha Man!:
    But be prepared to use the Buy option
  • Options
    And if you plan on being here long... Buy a bomb shelter... And a steel mailbox.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Welcome to the forum! Great group here, and even better information on cigars. You have arrived at the premier cigar forum.
  • Options
    Flash318:
    I got to say it again THIS FORUM ROCKS,Looking into a coolador set up used the "search option" all my questions answered
    got the cooler ordering beads
    and of course more cigars!!
    You got that right! I, too, used information from these forums to setup my coolidors. They're a bad (in a very good way) influence.