Home General Discussion

30 minute smoke

Can anyone reccomend a good 30 minute cigar for a fan of full-bodied, full flavored cigars (think CAO lx2)? I work 12 hour shifts, and am looking for a smoke that I won't leave half of at before crashing out. Robustos usually last me one to one and a half hours, for reference.

Thanks!

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Anything corona sized should do the trick, MOW PA might be a little too spicey for a 45 min smoke but if it is well rested it would be a prefect 45 min full smoke.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Cohiba Pequenos . Reasonably priced - I get then in a tin of 6 for $10.95 . Also if you like Partagas , the Partagas Puritos - I like these pretty good and they're about $ 14 bucks or so for 10 . Both good smokes that wont break the bank and are good for short " quickie " smokes .
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    gmill880:
    Cohiba Pequenos . Reasonably priced - I get then in a tin of 6 for $10.95 . Also if you like Partagas , the Partagas Puritos - I like these pretty good and they're about $ 14 bucks or so for 10 . Both good smokes that wont break the bank and are good for short " quickie " smokes .

+1 the Pequenos are great. However, the black would be better suited, given your taste, I think. I smoke at a similar pace and it will most likely take you 20 min. or so. The Black are more of a med. body in this smaller size IMO. There are other med.-fulls out there like La Gloria Cubanan Serie R in the Pequenos (closer to full), or the CAO Brazilia in the Cariocas size.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    May take a bit longer but the mx2 daggers are a nice small smoke.
    It occurred to me after posting some suggestions that since you listed the CAO lX2 that you might prefer the Habano wrapper, which I left out. Pardon in the Corticos size would OK maybe better than Punch in that size but either are OK.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    AF Hemingway Short story
  • Thanks for all the reccomendations! I think that tomorrow I'm going to order (along with other 'gars) a couple tins of the small CAO MX2's. I like the bigger ones, so these might work! Why hadn't I seen these earlier...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO makes just about everything in their line in small tin sizes. I also like Oliva serie G in the special G size for a tasty, quick smoke although they aren't full body by any stretch. Tasty all the same though.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    5Vegas Miami pettite corona sounds like it would be right up your alley, although it sounds like you smoke kinda slow like me. One of these can last me more like 45 minutes, but if you have to leave it after 30 minutes at least you're not putting down a lot of cigar.
    bigharpoon:
    CAO makes just about everything in their line in small tin sizes. I also like Oliva serie G in the special G size for a tasty, quick smoke although they aren't full body by any stretch. Tasty all the same though.
    I had a tin of the CAO maduros last winter that were awesome - probably my favorite cigarillo sized smoke. I love the Special G too (nice mild tasty maduro). I wish they made the O and the V in that vitola too.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Heavy:
    bigharpoon:
    I had a tin of the CAO maduros last winter that were awesome - probably my favorite cigarillo sized smoke. I love the Special G too (nice mild tasty maduro). I wish they made the O and the V in that vitola too.

The v number 4 is out which is a corona size...cant wait to try one of those.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    Heavy:
    bigharpoon:
    wasnt that a erope only release?
    i really havent kept up on this vitola so im kinda out of the loop on it.
    kuzi16:
    chemforever:
    Heavy:
    bigharpoon:
    Thanks for the heads up chemforever. I don't know about the release being just in Europe or not, but I will definitely keep an eye out for it
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    The 5 Vegas Series 'A' Anomaly is a rather short smoke.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    chemforever:
    Heavy:
    bigharpoon:
    Was Europe only, but it... well... is...

If you are still thinking of tins, I found your CAO LX2 in the Razor size elsewhere. If you would like the info send me a PM.