Home General Discussion
Options

New CCOM Mag

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
I just got the new mag and saw that CCOM has a fresh rolled AJ Fernandez! What does everyone else think about this?
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    running to check mailbox.
  • Options
    I am curious. Really good price, and A.J. has been known to get all of my money. But-he is putting out tons of new brands, sooner or later he might not make a great cigar.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Repeat after me, There is no blender but AJ, and The Beard is his merchant
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    lmao..........hammering home the sig line....priceless!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JSaint:
    I just got the new mag and saw that CCOM has a fresh rolled AJ Fernandez! What does everyone else think about this?
    I think it will be on my need to try liist!

Did anybody else notice the unfrikinreal deal on the cover? the Untouchable 10? I want one! lol
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    fla-gypsy:
    lmao..........hammering home the sig line....priceless!
    lol i know thats why i had to post it!
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    TheDuckofDeath:
    I am curious. Really good price, and A.J. has been known to get all of my money. But-he is putting out tons of new brands, sooner or later he might not make a great cigar.
    I sure hope this does not turn out to be the case. I am a huge fan of what I have tried so far. The MoW lines especially. I am looking forward to getting home and checking out the new ccom mag though.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I saw this too and wondered how they would be, oh well they are on my list of things to try.
  • Options
    my mag isn't here yet unfortunately but I am quite intrigued by these.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    just looked it over and I'm on it!! E mail to kelly!
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    No bells and whistles but a great value. He had some off color habano ecuador wrapper and excess fillers he needed to use so we came up with this little brand. Good value day in and day out. I dawned on me that we really didn't have a bundle item as even his inexpensive stuff is boxed like Nica Libre etc. If you like the value line stuff out of his camp you will like this. Just a solid everyday smoke. If you are going in expecting a Man O War, Diesel or Ave Maria, you will be disappointed but if you want a quality made medium bodied habano, can't go wrong with these. Its really the first and will most likely be the only stick he makes under $2
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Alex Svenson:
    No bells and whistles but a great value. He had some off color habano ecuador wrapper and excess fillers he needed to use so we came up with this little brand. Good value day in and day out. I dawned on me that we really didn't have a bundle item as even his inexpensive stuff is boxed like Nica Libre etc. If you like the value line stuff out of his camp you will like this. Just a solid everyday smoke. If you are going in expecting a Man O War, Diesel or Ave Maria, you will be disappointed but if you want a quality made medium bodied habano, can't go wrong with these. Its really the first and will most likely be the only stick he makes under $2

Thanks a bunch for the insight! Have to sleep on this one...
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Thats exactly why it seems like such a good deal as well. You can say you had an AJ blend for under 2 bucks a stick lol.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I saw this as well and I instantly put it on my next buy list. I have liked everything I have tried so far from AJ so I am hoping this one is good as well. Also, I am looking for an inexpensive everyday smoke and I hope this is it. My next order is going to be a big one after looking through this months catalog.

Rob
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Alex Svenson:
    Thats exactly why it seems like such a good deal as well. You can say you had an AJ blend for under 2 bucks a stick lol.
    dont have the new cat. is it on the website?
  • Options
    Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    I e-mailed Tim on sunday to get the on "The Beard's Deal" list and noticed the mag I had was expired so I asked him to send one. He replyed promptly on monday and I got the new mag on tuesday.
    I live in PA about 45 mins. from Bethlehem so my orders get to me like the next day. I am so lucky!!
    I go on the site often but the mag is just awsome for me to make up a kind of wish list and I like the articals and interviews.
  • Options
    jj20030:
    JSaint:
    Alex Svenson:
    dont have the new cat. is it on the website?
    Nah its only in the cat.
  • Options
    I think we just put it up online tonight.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Here's how tonight went down:

Get home from work at 11:15PM from a 10hr work day
    Check mail
    OH! Cigar.com Catalog...
    Go onto Elevator
    Look at COVER
    HOLY SHlT!!! THAT'S A GREAT SAMPLER!!! ARMADA!!!
    Get inside, Girlfriend is sleeping
    Just Put Catalog down and try to forget it.... (Oh MAN that deal is sweet)
    Come on Forums
    Make a few posts...
    AJ SPECIAL DEAL!!! COME ON!!!!

Is thinking to himself, can C.COM actually ship so it gets to me at a certain DAY? I Wanna order but don't want the mailman ringing the bell when the woman's home, I just wanna get this stuff and put it to sleep so NO ONE is the wiser!!!
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Lassie your thinking is spot on. Shipment to the office or to a buddy's house maybe...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    granneja:
    TheDuckofDeath:
    I sure hope this does not turn out to be the case. I am a huge fan of what I have tried so far. The MoW lines especially. I am looking forward to getting home and checking out the new ccom mag though.
    i was about to agree with you guys but alex's post made me remember something about factories
    Alex Svenson:
    He had some off color habano ecuador wrapper and excess fillers he needed to use so we came up with this little brand.
    many of these high end factories buy the tobacco from outside sources; and even if they grow their own tobacco there are many leaves from these sources that isnt up to par for the super premiums we all gush about. what happens to all this tobacco?

off brands. cheaper brands. bundles. yes, RP has a ton of brands. and many of you all like a small handful of them. usually the ones that people really love are the higher ends of them. lets just say that RP has to make 10 lines of key cigars. to be able to make enough of those 10 lines he has to buy enough tobacco to make 50+ lines of cigars so that after processing, sorting, and quality control thre will be enough left over.
    so... what do you do with that extra tobacco?
    reblend it with other leftover tobacco and make another line.
    it really is the only choice if you dont want to waste tobacco or money. every factory does it. From Davidoff, to AJ Fernandez, to Oliva, to RP. every factory has the cheaper cigars that the hard core people on boards like this tend to shy away from.

so yes he has put out a ton of cheaper brands, but when you think about it, what good high end cigars has he put out? im sure there is a ton of tobacco out there that AJ just has laying around.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    granneja:
    TheDuckofDeath:
    i was about to agree with you guys but alex's post made me remember something about factories
    Alex Svenson:
    He had some off color habano ecuador wrapper and excess fillers he needed to use so we came up with this little brand.
    many of these high end factories buy the tobacco from outside sources; and even if they grow their own tobacco there are many leaves from these sources that isnt up to par for the super premiums we all gush about. what happens to all this tobacco?

off brands. cheaper brands. bundles. yes, RP has a ton of brands. and many of you all like a small handful of them. usually the ones that people really love are the higher ends of them. lets just say that RP has to make 10 lines of key cigars. to be able to make enough of those 10 lines he has to buy enough tobacco to make 50+ lines of cigars so that after processing, sorting, and quality control thre will be enough left over.
    it really is the only choice if you dont want to waste tobacco or money. every factory does it. From Davidoff, to AJ Fernandez, to Oliva, to RP. every factory has the cheaper cigars that the hard core people on boards like this tend to shy away from.

so yes he has put out a ton of cheaper brands, but when you think about it, what good high end cigars has he put out? im sure there is a ton of tobacco out there that AJ just has laying around.
    ^this
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    lets just say that RP has to make 10 lines of key cigars. to be able to make enough of those 10 lines he has to buy enough tobacco to make 50+ lines of cigars so that after processing, sorting, and quality control thre will be enough left over.
    This is irrelevant to AJ, but I've wondered what Padron does with their leftover tobacco. I've read that they had a cheaper sandwich cigar in the past, but it's discontinued. They have their super premium (1926, Family Reserve), they're regular premium (1964), and their regular line (X000 series, Churchill, etc, which are fantastic smokes). Seems like they don't have any lower-grade smokes, so I guess there are three options:

1) The 'regular' line IS the leftover tobacco. I can't imagine this being the case because of the quality of their regular line, but I guess it's possible that these are leftovers from the premium line.
    2) They sell it to another company to make lower-end cigars without the Padron name. If that's the case, I want to know about this ASAP!
    3) They do, in fact, just toss aside the excess tobacco.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I am sooooo tempted by the cover deal in the latest issue. Fantastic deal.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JudoChinX:
    me too!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    me too!
    Haha! Someone talk me down. The wife is going to kill me if I buy any more cigars...
  • Options
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    me too!
    Haha! Someone talk me down. The wife is going to kill me if I buy any more cigars...
    Just buy them and destroy all the evidence lol. I buy singles because the gf can not decipher whats new and what isnt! lol
  • Options
    JSaint:
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    me too!
    Just buy them and destroy all the evidence lol. I buy singles because the gf can not decipher whats new and what isnt! lol
    I'm pretty sneaky about it sometimes, and thankfully it's never been a point of contention, but she watches the bank account pretty closely and likes to ask why I just spend *enter large number of dollars here* on cigars. Good girl. She has me on a pretty long leash.
  • Options
    I still haven't gotten my mag. I guess the only way to remedy this is to put in an order, am I or am I right?
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    danielruas:
    I still haven't gotten my mag. I guess the only way to remedy this is to put in an order, am I or am I right?
    Joo are correct, sir.