Home Non Cigar Related
Options

tablet.. help me decide

2»

Comments

• Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    JHewey:
    Forgot i even made this thread. I didn't get one yet but i plan on getting the Asus Transformer. Yeah i know the prime is coming out but the transformer will do what i need it to do and trying not to spend $500 on a tablet.
    Let us know how you like it. Want to get one as a gift possibly.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Work issued me a Xoom shortly after I bought myself one, so if anyone's interested in a 32Gb Xoom (WiFi only) shoot me a PM. I only used in a couple of weeks, still like new and reset to factory defaults. Yours for $400 plus whatever insured Priority Mail costs.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Forgot i even made this thread. I didn't get one yet but i plan on getting the Asus Transformer. Yeah i know the prime is coming out but the transformer will do what i need it to do and trying not to spend $500 on a tablet.
    Is it an autobot or a decepticon?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    hello, im saving for a tablet. which one should i save for? it will be over the next month or 2. want to keep it under $400 but $500 at the most. but from reading and research i do like the galaxy tab 10.1 and the transformer. Any of you guys or girls own either of these or maybe both and have an opinion on them? i do already own a hp mini. thats like 3 or so years old but always wanted a tablet and in love with android. but i plan to get rid of laptop when i get a tablet. Justin
    Way late to the party, but I'm an electronic sales-guy Justin. Keeping it simple, the 16 GB Wi-Fi Ipad2 and 10.1 Galaxy Tab hardware wise are darned near identical. At that point its just do you want an android based tablet or a mac tablet. End of the day, those are the only two that I would spend my hard earned money on myself. Just my 2 cents.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Well. For Xmas my girl got me the galaxy tab 10.1. Updating it now. Then i will be rooting it and all that good stuff later.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Nice man.

• Options
    Well had it a few days now. Loving it. Its now rooted, customized, all bloatware deleted, custom overclocked kernel (though I don't really feel a tablet needs to be overclocked) to 1.4Ghz. But overall its nice and love it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the nook Color and am doing dual boot off the micro sd card with Gingerbread. I want the nook Tablet but it came out the day after my wife bought the nook Color. Still, for the price this is fantastic. I love it.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I had to buy the Kindle Fire for my wife for xmas, she just wanted a cheaper e-reader plus the extra little things you can do. I've been playing with it for 2-3 days and I love it. It is what is is, a nice cheap 200 dollar tablet, and I love using it around the house.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    BotL;
    How are the cameras on everyones tablets? I want one that I can use while smoking for notes, forums, and taking progress pictures of the cigar. I am interested in the Asus, Xoom, Galaxy, and iPad as potential options but need some comments on the camera before I can pull the trigger
  • Options
    Actually haven't used the camera yet.. Will try it out tomorrow and get back to you.
  • Options
    The kindle fire looks like it has a front facing camera but I'm not sure.

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    stephen_hannibal:

I don't think the kindle fire has any sort of camera, but I could be wrong
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    stephen_hannibal:

I don't think the kindle fire has any sort of camera, but I could be wrong
    Yeah then I'm not sure what the camera looking thing on the front of it is. Doesn't seem to be a light sensor... Real head scratcher.

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have a first generation iPad, so no camera advice from me. But for Xmas, my wife got a Xoom and the camera for it actually seems pretty good. We were taking pics of our 2-year old with it and they turned out decent. I think it could work for your needs. She picked it up for $200 on a black Friday deal, not sure what they're going for regularly.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    JHewey:
    Well. For Xmas my girl got me the galaxy tab 10.1. Updating it now. Then i will be rooting it and all that good stuff later.
    I got 2 of these GalaXY 10.1 32 gIGS WITH kEYBOARDS FOR ME AND MY WIFE FOR cHRISTMAS, iM TYPING THIS FROM IT..... Hands down Blows away anything I have seen, tryed or used in the Tab Market... And Im not stuck up Aples ass! LOL Rock on my frined!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Did you like that great typing action....... Wanting to get all the reactions from the experts! ROTFLMAO!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    JHewey:
    I got 2 of these GalaXY 10.1 32 gIGS WITH kEYBOARDS FOR ME AND MY WIFE FOR cHRISTMAS, iM TYPING THIS FROM IT..... Hands down Blows away anything I have seen, tryed or used in the Tab Market... And Im not stuck up Aples ass! LOL Rock on my frined!
    Yeah I love mine. I'm all about being able to customize it the way I like. Haven't got the keyboard yet. That may be my next purchase.
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Did you like that great typing action....... Wanting to get all the reactions from the experts! ROTFLMAO!
    Definitely a learning curve typing on a tab. Which I am typing on now..
  • Options
    Ok idk about anyone else's tablet but I picked up a regular ink pen and started using it as a stylus.

Never seen anything like that with non resistive touch screens.