Home General Discussion

Greetings from Cleveland!

Hi all!

I just wanted to say that I've been lurking for a couple months now and have enjoyed the casual feel of this forum.  There seems to be a lot of good information as well as a lot of good people around here.  I've certainly learned a lot for all of you folks in the short time I've been reading.  So thanks for that, it's appreciated from a guy in my position, which is complete amateur.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say both Hi and Thanks.  I look forward to getting to know you all and learning a lot as well.

Thanks again!

TMS

PS:  I'm only Scottish by heritage, but pretty dang proud of it!

Comments

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Welcome, you've joined a great forum with awesome members.

P.S. Buy a cooler.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Welcome to the forumn!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    One God, One Truth
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the group
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    fla-gypsy:
    Welcome to the group
    +1 hope u stick around a while and really get to enjoy the forum.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from Denver! And of course...GO BROWNS!!!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    TheMisplacedScotsman:
    So thanks for that, it's appreciated from a guy in my position, which is complete amateur.
    This is where we all started out brother - nobody was born with a cigar in their mouth. Except maybe kuzi and The Beard.... LOL Welcome to the forums man, glad to have you.

Lets see how deep that heritage runs, shall we? Complete the following sentence...

If it's not Scottish - _____________________ !

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard bro !
  • Poker:  Cold man, cold!  I'm old enough to remember the Fumble and the Drive.  Not memories I recall often, although I haven't watched a professional football competition since '96.  The Browns broke my heart once...never again.

Sniper:  "it's crap."  Do I win?  Maybe a wee bonnie dram of an 18 year Lagavulin?

And for the rest, thanks for the warm welcome.  I can see I found the right forum for both information and ummm, atmosphere?

Cheers!

TMS

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMisplacedScotsman:
    Hi all!

I just wanted to say that I've been lurking for a couple months now and have enjoyed the casual feel of this forum.  There seems to be a lot of good information as well as a lot of good people around here.  I've certainly learned a lot for all of you folks in the short time I've been reading.  So thanks for that, it's appreciated from a guy in my position, which is complete amateur.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say both Hi and Thanks.  I look forward to getting to know you all and learning a lot as well.

Thanks again!

TMS

welcome ,,lol, > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHoPYLQvnQM
  • welcome to the world of tomorrow!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    what part of cleveland? im in akron.
  • kuzi16:
    Mentor, actually. I just say Cleveland because people know where it is since the river caught fire and all...
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Welcome!!! Look forward to getting to know you on the forum.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TheMisplacedScotsman:
    kuzi16:
    Mentor, actually. I just say Cleveland because people know where it is since the river caught fire and all...
    i had/have family in mentor and some in painsville. at some point maybe we should meet up.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother always good to see new people.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Welcome and you can't be to misplaced if you found this place!!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    TheMisplacedScotsman:
    Sniper:  "it's crap."  Do I win?  Maybe a wee bonnie dram of an 18 year Lagavulin?
    You totally nailed it brother! LMAO!

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    TheMisplacedScotsman:
    Hi all!

Thanks again!

TMS

Heres another one for ya scotsman,,Welcome Scotsman!!!!I hear JJ has some San Lotano Habano's he's lookin to trade
    Remember..There can be only One!!!
    >>>sexy scotsman
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    TheMisplacedScotsman:
    Poker:  Cold man, cold!  I'm old enough to remember the Fumble and the Drive.  Not memories I recall often, although I haven't watched a professional football competition since '96.  The Browns broke my heart once...never again.

And for the rest, thanks for the warm welcome.  I can see I found the right forum for both information and ummm, atmosphere?

Cheers!

TMS

You'll love the Atmosphere.... I'm mainly just a moderator of the craziness, but always here to help out.... Welcome!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Welcome. You've found the right place for a cigar enthusiast!
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Lasabar:
    You'll love the Atmosphere.... I'm mainly just a moderator of the craziness, but always here to help out.... Welcome!
    LAMO!!!! You'll find out why soon enough! ...and welcome!

JDE

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got me all wrong my friend. I am from Kent, just a little north of Akron. I am now and will always be, a Browns fan.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    You got me all wrong my friend. I am from Kent, just a little north of Akron. I am now and will always be, a Browns fan.
    I just thought you were a browns fan living in denver..Looks like you may have hit a sore spot and touched on some deep underlying trauma..lol, Just kidding scotsman,,,
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you, sir. Scottish descent on both sides of the family, Highland clearances, you know.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forums!