Home General Discussion
Options

AJ fresh rolled.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    First I've seen about it. Alex did mention that AJ was tweaking some component of them. Email from Tim yesterday said they should be available in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    First I've seen about it. Alex did mention that AJ was tweaking some component of them. Email from Tim yesterday said they should be available in 2 weeks.
    Thanks for the intel! I'll have to keep an eye out for them and give them a go.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    I see in the new catalog that these are available in Maduro now. Anyone give them a shot? Also did anyone try the coronas? My first bundle was toros and I really enjoyed them. I hope the other vitolas are pretty good too.
    The corona is the only vitola I have ever had...fired mine up after only 1 month in the humi. I was very impressed for 2 bucks....actually, I enjoyed it more than a lot of sticks I've had in the 12-15 dollar range...
  • Options
    skweekz:
    I see in the new catalog that these are available in Maduro now. Anyone give them a shot? Also did anyone try the coronas? My first bundle was toros and I really enjoyed them. I hope the other vitolas are pretty good too.
    The corona is the only vitola I have ever had...fired mine up after only 1 month in the humi. I was very impressed for 2 bucks....actually, I enjoyed it more than a lot of sticks I've had in the 12-15 dollar range...
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    ThinBluLine06:
    skweekz:
    Excellent. I think when they come in I'm gonna pick up a bundle of maduro coronas.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    Sounds like few are too impressed with this cigar, especially for an AJ. Still, there are certain expectations with a two dollar smoke that we need to keep in mind. Definitely a value stick.
    Agreed. I haven't tried one yet, but like you said, it is a $2 stick...

spend the $40 on a mazo, throw it in the bottom of a coolidor, and pull it out in a few years and fire one up with some friends and joke about when you bought that awesome cigar for $2!

you know why the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 is such a great $2 stick? Because it's already aged. I would venture to say that the fresh rolled AJ is probably made with tobacco of at least that high of quality, and will prob make a fine smoke some day. You can get nearly a full mazo of them for what it costs for 1 Opus X that will undoubtedly need aging... give that same dedication to some of these cheaper sticks and you might just be pleasently surprised one day.

this quote makes getting a mazo of the fresh rolled very tempting for me, just saw a Mazo of 20 Robustos go for $31 on the sprint sale. I wish i had the $$ in my account so i could have grabbed them... oh well, i guess its about time i got a bigger cooler.