Home General Discussion

Just when I thought I was done......

2»

Comments

• madurofan:
    gott, Thats what I was thinking when I shot that up. Kuzi thats a damn good idea about the cabinet. I might start bouncing some ideas of you on doing just that. What kind of cabinet you thinking?

LOL, which one, the fridge or the Leary quote?

Speaking of, I could not find a fridge that went above 50, sadly enough. But then again I didn't really spend that much time searching. I guess that would've been too convenient if all you had to do was revamp the inside. Stick out tongue [:P]
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you are looking for thermo electric fridges. usuall they are wine fridges. you can buy thermostats for them that go up to 70 ( i think)
  • Oh, do they make those that have freezer parts, too? I still like my beer-cooler/humi idea...
    to be honest, i have no idea.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gott, I was talking about leary. kuzi, I like the china cabinet idea I like to be able to see in my humi it keeps me from wanting to open it 5 times a day. LOL obviously a china cabinet wouldn't have a proper seal, HOWEVER, it gives me some ideas to ponder.
    I have no idea when it comes to fridges or wine coolers. I've never bought a fridge(My house came with a nice one and of course rentals always had one) and I don't drink much white wine so no need for a cooler.
    madurofan:
    I have no idea when it comes to fridges or wine coolers. I've never bought a fridge(My house came with a nice one and of course rentals always had one) and I don't drink much white wine so no need for a cooler.
    i dont chill my white wines. cool wine loses flavor. All of my wine is stored at room temperature. i only know the fridge thing cos of the old cigar.com forum.
    I am no wine conniseur thats for damn sure but I've spent quite a bit of time in Italy and the Napa Valley and have never been served white warm. Of course thats not saying a whole lot as 90% of the time I drink Red but my wife drinks exclusively white and its always been cold. I know that when a red is served cold it means its poor quality but I thought white was always to be chilled.
    i dont care what italy says. white wine tastes better at room temperature. try it yourself and see. you may find that you actually DO like white wine you just didnt before because it was too cold.
    I do not care for anything sweet. Give me a recommendation and I might have to give your room temp theory a try.
    heck, ill even go inexpensive.... Charles Shaw Sauvignon Blanc. yup. two buck chuck. found at trader joes.

and one of my faves, Barton & Guestier Sauvignon Blanc. that one is hard to find anymore. Im not sure they are even making it. I only have one bottle left and if i dont drink it soon it will be past its prime. Whites dont age well.

Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio are dry white wines. i tend to drink white wines in the summer and reds in the fall and winter.
    I do enjoy Pinot both Noir and Blanc. I tend to drink fruitier reds in the summer but not whites. I'll have to give the room temp a try. I have a bottle of Sav Blanc from a restaurant in outside of Naples, IT that is made by the owners family. It was a fabulous white chilled, I'm going to give it a try at room temp. I also have a couple of bottles of Orivieto. Ever heard of it?
    nope. i am nowhere near as learned when it comes to wines, at least compared to cigars.
    Me either, well I'm not that learned in cigars either. Getting there or trying anyways. I thought the Orivieto was cool. THe grape is only grown in this small medieval town outside of Naples and the wine is produced there as well. Interesting taste. In the region it is considered a table wine but I was told that outside of the Campania region it is a very expensive high end wine. I paid two Euros and thought it was great.
    There are also many areas of the world that believe beer loses flavor when chilled. When I lived in England the only thing served cold was Guiness and of course the MGD and Budweiser that was for some dumbass reason popular with the teenagers.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    madurofan:
    There are also many areas of the world that believe beer loses flavor when chilled. When I lived in England the only thing served cold was Guiness and of course the MGD and Budweiser that was for some dumbass reason popular with the teenagers.
    Beer does lose its flavor when its cold....ever see anybody (who wasn't desperate) drink a warm natty lite or a warm budweiser? The reason is cause all the **** and nasty flavors come out.
    Very true but I don't feel anything else(aside from a bitter) tastes better after it has warmed up.