Home Non Cigar Related
Options

need a digital camera

I am tech retarded. For real. I need a digital camera that is simple enough for me to use so that I can start posting pics on here.

I have gotten in several nice pkgs over the last 2 weeks that DESERVE to have pics put up!

But I don't have a clue how to do it, and my wife informed me last night that her camera bit the dust.

any recommendations for EASY to use dig cams for UNDER $40??

Comments

• Options
    You probabaly want a simple point and shoot camera with a lot of auto features. I found this on a deal site that is probably what you are looking for...it is a refurb but it doesn't look like there is much in the 40 dollar range except refurbs...ebay or amazon are your best bet for a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-EasyShare-M550-12MP-Digital-Camera---Refurb/190559887110?_trksid=p1468660.m2000037
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    BBY has some for around the 40-60 range, so maybe $50 with tax and a memory card
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    BBY has some for around the 40-60 range, so maybe $50 with tax and a memory card
    The Insignia 10 megapixel is usually eighty bucks, currently on sale for 50. The same model is also available online as a refurb for thirty bucks. These are what we can Ph.D cameras. ("push here, dummy!")
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    MTuccelli:
    Under 20 Bucks Click here
    Seriously? Zero point one megapixel? This will make a cell phone pic look like it was taken by Ansel Adams with a Hasselblad.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I have a canon T1. Absolutely love it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    zoom6zoom:
    MTuccelli:
    Seriously? Zero point one megapixel? This will make a cell phone pic look like it was taken by Ansel Adams with a Hasselblad.
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Thanks for the info guys! I will def be getting something, soon! Looks like amazon and ebay are the clear front runners for digital cameras on the cheap...
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    zoom6zoom:
    MTuccelli:
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Yeah that is kinda funny when you think about it. Just trying to save a brother a few bucks :o)
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    well, I got a digi cam. A cheap one from wally world.

if you've seen my pics on the "what did you get today" thread, you can see that I suck at taking pics. Any tips?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    well, I got a digi cam. A cheap one from wally world.

if you've seen my pics on the "what did you get today" thread, you can see that I suck at taking pics. Any tips?
    Ummmm, take the lens cap OFF..........LOL jkjkjk. Practice, Practice Practice is helpful.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    digi cameras are quite different than the film cameras I used to use (32mm PRAKTICA from the 70's). Even the cheap cameras have a lot of built-in functions that should help a novice to get reasonably good pics. The trick is to practice. The good thing about digital is that you can take a heap of pics and then delete them....costing you nothing to practice at all, just your time.
    The only thing besides practice is to read the owner's manual AND go to their website to see if there are any tips and tricks, FAQ's and such. The more you know, the more you will feel comfortable about taking the type of pictures that you are looking for.

I have a Sony (not in the price range that you are looking for) and the learning curve was high, but the results are priceless once you get the hang of it.