Home General Discussion
Options

I need a sponsor.

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
I have an Opux X that I wanted to rest for at least a year, but lately I've been finding myself rationalizing minor occasions to celebrate with. It's my first one since i was a newbe and don't remember what it was like. I need a sponsor to talk me down when the urge is too strong.

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    LOL! Don't do it! Send it to me asap! Out of sight is out of mind! I'll ensure it is well taken care of...I swear! I work for the government, you can trust me!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Don't do it fool. If you need an Opus X to smoke, PM me, and I'll get you sorted out.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    I work for the government, you can trust me!

And lemme guess...you're here to help, right?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont do it. That's one of those sticks you just want to look at but not actually smoke?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I say smoke it, you can always get another ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Smoke the cigar and PM Doc. Then watch your mailbox, lol.......
  • Options
    Krieg:
    +1
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never had one yet and got one in a trade from icpleel months ago and not sure how long he had it and i burried it under some smokes so i dont have to see it when i open that humi,lol
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    never had one yet and got one in a trade from icpleel months ago and not sure how long he had it and i burried it under some smokes so i dont have to see it when i open that humi,lol
    Jimmy the opus has no less than 2 years on it. My fresh opus or the ones with less than a year are all put to the bottom and don't see light till 2 years.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    sounds like it's already been aged a little bit, therefore, light it up.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Burn baby burn. Opus inferno.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The answer is simple, just buy more. Many more! Maybe get some of the lost cities, so you don't have to sweat the wait time of the regular one.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Cigars are meant to be smoked man. I gotta lean towards smoking it if your dying to. If you want to age it, which is understandable, then yeah man, buy a 5 pack so you can smoke one now and put the rest to rest.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    granneja:
    Krieg:
    +1
    given the way they age... i disagree.

it will be an even longer wait till you get a nicely aged one.
  • Options
    Its just so hard to let it set...I wish I had some extras so I could withstand the urge. My wife picked me up a **** from a local b&m by her work and it was fantastic. I had her go back in and sure enough they were gone when she went back. The price was pretty decent and a bit less than what I have been finding online.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Don't do it fool. If you need an Opus X to smoke, PM me, and I'll get you sorted out.
    Pm............sent
  • Options
    Well, there are at least two dummies on this board gon' get f'ed in the a.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    docbp87:
    ROFL, Nice Doc. Please use some lube. I don't think they can take that kind of punishment dry.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Bring it i aint ascared!! well maybe a little,, just you dont be ascared to be sure your return address is clearly visible..
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    docbp87:
    I bought 5 a few weeks ago(RdC, Perf #4, and FF)...very tempting to not smoke as I have them on the top tray of my Versailles. I will be smoking one on Oct 12th, 2011(1 year before my wedding) however, but it won't have a lot of age on it.
  • Options
    WTF? I send up a flag, asking for help to resist an urge, and what happens? I Get threats of attacks. Bs man

But really, it's just awesome. I love the people here. Thanks all
  • Options
    PsychoSJG:
    WTF? I send up a flag, asking for help to resist an urge, and what happens? I Get threats of attacks. Bs man

Yea not to mention the **** annihilation,, Man wheres the love....
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I've got a Casa Fuente resting that I'd like to get some good time on. Need to find me an Opus X though.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    PsychoSJG:

Yea not to mention the **** annihilation,, Man wheres the love....
    **** Annihilation???
  • Options
    Marker:
    docbp87:
    ROFL, Nice Doc. Please use some lube. I don't think they can take that kind of punishment dry.
    Well to quote Bad Santa, "I aint gonna be able to shat right for a week"!!!! Heres what Docbp87 did to me, not only did he shoot an Opus my way but he sent an a little bit of the old country too!! Damn Doc sure is a rough rider..I am speachless!!!Now its my turn Doc. Reminds me of a joke I once heard, This guy goes to prison and his biker cellmate says "ok noob who do you want to be, the mom or the dad"? He thinks bout it and replies "I want to be the dad", so the biker then says, "fine now come over hear and suck momma's dck"
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Marker:
    docbp87:
    Well to quote Bad Santa, "I aint gonna be able to shat right for a week"!!!! Heres what Docbp87 did to me, not only did he shoot an Opus my way but he sent an a little bit of the old country too!! Damn Doc sure is a rough rider..I am speachless!!!Now its my turn Doc. Reminds me of a joke I once heard, This guy goes to prison and his biker cellmate says "ok noob who do you want to be, the mom or the dad"? He thinks bout it and replies "I want to be the dad", so the biker then says, "fine now come over hear and suck momma's dck"
    Photobucket
    Haha, nice quote. I got the same thing, except my Nick's is a maduro (which i love maduors) and instead of the Del Rio i got a Black Pearl (and I love the black pearls but meh on the Del Rio so thats perfect for me). Doc is one crazy man
  • Options
    what del rio im still looking at the one in the middle and his right hand man...lol It's all good!!! The Oscuro's get better with a little age on em, This one is missing the foot band so it may have a little on it already,, Thanks Docbp87
  • Options
    No problem gents. A big part of the community aspect of this hobby is sharing the share, and since I have been blessed to have a few more sticks than I could tackle in the near future, you suffer the consequences. The PLPCs aren't very old (JUL 10) so the longer you can sit on them the more caramel will develop, and the more the slight acidity will smooth out. The pros say that PLPCs need 5 years to turn into Dulche de Leche... I know I can't sit on them that long.
  • Options
    haha yea, thats not happening. 5 weeks, Maybe.