Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Golf with my new sticks

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
Just finished up 18 in Atlanta, 81 holes so far this weekend. I picked up a new set of Taylormades 6 weeks ago, best clubs I have ever played. I have the TM superlaunch irons and set of burner superfast woods. I also picked up a oddysey white ice putter. LOVE the set, but I have NO MORE EXCUSES when I play like crap. I have to say, I play much more consistently with the new clubs then I did with my old self made golfsmith set. In fact, its a joy to play. I find myself "working" on my game now instead of just "grippin and rippin". Im still looking for that perfect ball, one that plays awesome no mater what the shot. Any of you golfers want to share what sticks they play or ball they use?

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Spalding Tour Advance...topflight xl 2, ..with my clubs I still have plenty of excuses..lol
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Nice FTG, I'm just getting started. Bought a set out of my PX on post. They are called Top Flight and I bought a Odyssey White Ice putter from my co worker. I've been eyeing some Callaway Diablo Edge Hybrid's. I'm trying to get it down. Haven't done a full 18 yet because of time. But I get in 9 every now and then.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Nice FTG, I'm just getting started. Bought a set out of my PX on post. They are called Top Flight and I bought a Odyssey White Ice putter from my co worker. I've been eyeing some Callaway Diablo Edge Hybrid's. I'm trying to get it down. Haven't done a full 18 yet because of time. But I get in 9 every now and then.
    i was this close to buying the diablos... beautiful clubs. If you ever make it to Colorado, ill show you what thin air does for your tee shot;)
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    RCY Cigars:
    i was this close to buying the diablos... beautiful clubs. If you ever make it to Colorado, ill show you what thin air does for your tee shot;)

Sweet, a golf trip in Colorado. I'll keep that in mind Sir.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I use Ping i3 irons, Taylormade Burner Superfast driver, Taylormade bc wedge, and and old (very old, like 78 model) Ping bc putter. (bc = beryllium copper). I don't carry fairway metals, because I simply don't need them (I hit a 4 iron about 250 yards), so I just carry driver, 4-sw, and a putter to keep down on bag weight. I use different balls depending on the course and the weather, but honestly unless you want to spend the money on Titleist ProV 1X or Nike One, you are just as good to stick with a decent ball like the Nike Distance or Feel balls. Unless you are a scratch golfer (0 handicap) you probably can't maximize the potential of a ball like a Pro v1X anyways, so it's just a waste of money.

are you liking the new clubs overall pretty good? My dad was actually looking at those just a couple months ago, but we didn't know anybody with experience with them so he got gun shy.
  • Options
    Love the clubs, glad i went with them. I have been playing the bridgestone e6, not to bad in my book. I am not a great golfer, in fact i suck.... but i love playing the game :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nice clubs. I just got the R7 set at Costco for $300, 11 clubs. I want that Odysssey, it's very nice. Glad they are working out for you.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Very nice bag o sticks FTG ...... I shoot Cleveland CG4 irons and carry a Cleveland Hi Bore Launcher and a Cleveland LD1 driving iron , along with an Odyssey White Hot putter ..... and use srixon z star balls .