Home Non Cigar Related

Fountain pens

So it seems one gentlemanly pursuit leads to another; first guns, then cigars, then DE shaving, and now I'm looking into fountain pens - anyone have them? Why do you like it/not like it? Any recommendations?

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    you mean old fashioned, dip in the well, fountain pen?, Squirt tube, or just quality writing instrument?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Quality writing instrument; the non-ballpoint kind, but the kind with the nib
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have a few cross pens that I have clients sign contracts with.
    They're ok for the coin.probably going to get a few more to add to the collection.

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You should kick out of this. Its' my son's blog page, LOL. The young Southern Gentlemen. ROTFLMAO
    http://seersuckerandsazeracs.com/
    I like a good Cross pen. Only use it to sign. I jot and such with Zebras. I hate ink blots.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    beatnic:
    You should kick out of this. Its' my son's blog page, LOL. The young Southern Gentlemen. ROTFLMAO
    http://seersuckerandsazeracs.com/
    I like a good Cross pen. Only use it to sign. I jot and such with Zebras. I hate ink blots.

I have been an Office Suply Salesman off and on my whole life, Cross pens are Great, I suggest the Black and Gold they dont slipe in your hands and they come in pencil, soft point roller ball and Ball point, but if you truly want the best writing Insturment and dont care how much you spend I would Look into the Mont Blanc They have the best pens in the world really, it is what the president uses to sign everything....... Look
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    +1 on the mont blanc. Fantastic pens, also $$$$. But you won't be disappointed.

"Long ashes my friends."

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    By a G2 pen.... By a Mont Blanc refill... Shave a little bit off of the plastic end off of the Mont Blanc refill and it fits in a G2........ $2 pen now writes like a $200 pen... Frikkin' sweet....
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    By a G2 pen.... By a Mont Blanc refill... Shave a little bit off of the plastic end off of the Mont Blanc refill and it fits in a G2........ $2 pen now writes like a $200 pen... Frikkin' sweet....
    Montblanc pen is made of a natural resin and has a great weight balance when used.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have a very old pen with nib thats in pretty rough shape. Have no idea what kind it is or anything about it . It was in a box of stuff from our attic I got when my mom died in 1992 . Need to dig that sucker out and take a closer look . Wonder if there is a company somewhere that does refurbishing . Its a brownish color with gold clip . Hmmmmm ... tonites project maybe .

If I had to guess I'd say its from 1920's to 1940's ish .
    gmill880:
    I have a very old pen with nib thats in pretty rough shape. Have no idea what kind it is or anything about it . It was in a box of stuff from our attic I got when my mom died in 1992 . Need to dig that sucker out and take a closer look . Wonder if there is a company somewhere that does refurbishing . Its a brownish color with gold clip . Hmmmmm ... tonites project maybe .

If I had to guess I'd say its from 1920's to 1940's ish .
    From what I've read, there are companies that do refurbishing.

Just bought my first nib - TWSBI 540, with some Noodlers Heart of Darkness Ink - can't wait til it gets here
    Just tried writing with my new fountain pen and ink - very cool. It's really elegant, and the pen just flows across the paper, no pressing required; plus, my typical chickenscratch even looks better like this - makes me wanna write better so my handwriting will look like the old time scripts. I could get to like this new hobby :)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    NECROTHREADING!!!!

What do you guys think of Foray Pens?
    I just got a few on sale the other day just for jotting down notes and crap, but so far I'm impressed.
    The suckers write pretty well and feel like semi-quality materials.

• howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    skilcraft B3 aviator pen..... I use this day in and day out. It's a black pen, red pen and pencil with an eraser. Its made of some kind of super strong metal. Best pen i've ever used in my air force career. It's a little pricey but worth it! Google it and you'll see.