Home General Discussion
Options

Farewell to A Favorite

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
I was just advised that the last leaf of the aged on Sumatra Ecaudor Oscuro wrapper was selected for Man O War Armada. This means after my next delivery, what we have will be the last of it. We are going to see how the next batch from fermentation comes out and if it is consistent we will do another 10,000 cigars but we wont know for a while so whatever we have left could be it forever or it may resurface a year from now. Time will tell. Sadly, from the get go, we knew we could only make a limited number of sticks so I knew this day was coming. We are changing up the free armada offer with COMC membership this october so we can conserve whatever we have left. Ill still run a small forum only special on some of the coronas as promised. Those smaller wrappers didnt really impact production on the big cigars. Join me in bidding farewell to one of my favs. I am trying to keep one bail aside so I can make just enough to sneak into our perfecto sampler box, box pressed tin sampler etc so those may not be as impacted.

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I consider this wrapper a "classic" in my mind. We all knew this day would arrive, I'm just glad I got to try some, and that was thanks to you Alex. Great wrapper for a great cigar. I will be keeping my last armada for quite awhile now to lite up for a special occasion. All good things....

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Believe me, nothing would make me happier than to be like some of the other brands out there and magically find another 100 bales and keep it going but we are unable to compromise when it comes to changing blends and misleading customers. I just ordered a box for myself to put in the humi at home. I will be plastering the box with "do not touch" post it notes to keep my buddies from grabbing them or even myself after a few doubles of Jack Daniels LOL
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I'm super bummed. I still have the two and only Armadas I've been able to secure in my humi. This, along with the Padilla Series '68 makes me very very sad. Here's hoping (and believing), that we'll be seeing some equally new and great blends in the near future.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    And that is the perfect example why I only shop at ccom. I know you're adamant about quality. Thanks for that Alex, it's rare these days.

I know what you mean, I have to write myself the same notes on my boxes sometimes. I've woken up many of times after some gentleman jack with nothing but a few bands left on a table and saying "holy *** I lit these up last night?". Lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    And that is the perfect example why I only shop at ccom. I know you're adamant about quality. Thanks for that Alex, it's rare these days.

I know what you mean, I have to write myself the same notes on my boxes sometimes. I've woken up many of times after some gentleman jack with nothing but a few bands left on a table and saying "holy *** I lit these up last night?". Lol
    LMAO,,,been there myself...except I'm a vodka/white rum guy!!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I was just advised that the last leaf of the aged on Sumatra Ecaudor Oscuro wrapper was selected for Man O War Armada. This means after my next delivery, what we have will be the last of it. We are going to see how the next batch from fermentation comes out and if it is consistent we will do another 10,000 cigars but we wont know for a while so whatever we have left could be it forever or it may resurface a year from now. Time will tell. Sadly, from the get go, we knew we could only make a limited number of sticks so I knew this day was coming. We are changing up the free armada offer with COMC membership this october so we can conserve whatever we have left. Ill still run a small forum only special on some of the coronas as promised. Those smaller wrappers didnt really impact production on the big cigars. Join me in bidding farewell to one of my favs. I am trying to keep one bail aside so I can make just enough to sneak into our perfecto sampler box, box pressed tin sampler etc so those may not be as impacted.
    :( bummer well I have 6 Toro Grande left and 3 Corona I guess I need to ration. Alex, thanks for always offering quality products, intergrity and great service.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Damn, well this just pushed a future purchasing decision into the present
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think I still have ~30 Armadas left. Only a few of the Coronas though. Been aging them for almost a year. Almost...
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Alex Svenson:
    magically find another 100 bales and keep it going
    Is that what's going on with the Camacho PE's? Magic Tabacky? For a limited quantity there seem to be a lot of these out there and ongoing availability.
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    What is going to replace the Armadas in the COTMC? I'm considering joining and I was looking forward to getting the extra Armadas in the first shipment.
  • Options
    Sad to see it go but I'm glad you will do it right or not at all. If it completely disappears, just promise us you will create something else that will make the pain much less lol
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    man... only a few armadas left. mostly coronas.
    i do have one or two of the Final test blends that you sent me for winning a contest over a year ago. all the band says is "L - ALEX"
    gunna toss one of those in the 10 k post contest.
    38 posts left...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man what a bummer. I didn't know they were only for a limited time.I always figured I'd have time to try one. I guess I'm gonna have to break my rule about making more than one order within a month if I want to get a couple. The wife is not going to be happy.
  • Options
    e6specialk:
    What is going to replace the Armadas in the COTMC? I'm considering joining and I was looking forward to getting the extra Armadas in the first shipment.
    Same cutter but the cigars will switch from 3 Armada to 3 Cohiba Puro Dominicana. If you sign up this month, you should be able to get the armadas.... unless the cohibas are more to your liking.
  • Options
    I need to get my hands on some of the Coronas...I'm set otherwise.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    This is a sad day :(
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Get your ass back to nicaragua and help AJ blend us a replacement!!!! Really though I am very sad this was an excellent smoke... I've only had a couple but they would just make you melt into your chair. Can't wait to get some of the coronas
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    wwestern:
    Alex Svenson:
    Get your ass back to nicaragua and help AJ blend us a replacement!!!! Really though I am very sad this was an excellent smoke... I've only had a couple but they would just make you melt into your chair. Can't wait to get some of the coronas
    +1

Armada will certainly retirew with legendary status, but nothing would make us happier than a swift replacement (not a rushed one, but a good one, and in a hurry!)

the coronas are screaming my name!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    BigT06:
    wwestern:
    Alex Svenson:
    +1

Armada will certainly retirew with legendary status, but nothing would make us happier than a swift replacement (not a rushed one, but a good one, and in a hurry!)

the coronas are screaming my name!
    Agreed, I wish I could have gotten my hands on some of these coronas...hopefully soon though!
  • Options
    So who do i need to kill to get one of the "sold out" chests of 32 Armadas? I dont need a name just a 10 digit grid and a time... 8 digit will work but it might be a little messy...
  • Options
    ltherron:
    So who do i need to kill to get one of the "sold out" chests of 32 Armadas? I dont need a name just a 10 digit grid and a time... 8 digit will work but it might be a little messy...
    the last of the boxes arrive in October. Super small shipment. Maybe 30 boxes. After posting this we got a bunch of preorders
  • Options
    wwestern:
    Alex Svenson:
    LOL I leave Monday!
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    ltherron:
    the last of the boxes arrive in October. Super small shipment. Maybe 30 boxes. After posting this we got a bunch of preorders
    Thanks for the info, You have one more box on preorder.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    wwestern:
    Alex Svenson:
    LOL I leave Monday!
    YES. I am waiting on the coronas as well. Will be a larger order of them then I anticipated but, it's all for a good cause... to feed my never satisfied cigar appetite :)
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    This thread makes me sad. :(
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Crap! I have one Left.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    KCW:
    Crap! I have one Left.
    I've got about 10 or so I wouldn't mind trading away. Shoot me a pm if you want. I'd probably be most interested in opus x.