Home General Discussion
Options

The New Site May Finally Be Ready This Week!

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
A few months ago I told you guys we were working on a new and innovative cigar site similar to Daily Cigar Deal but with a new concept in selling that I have not seen by anyone else on the web... not just cigars but ecommerce as a whole. I was hopeful this was going to roll out in July but I greatly under estimated how much work was required to get this tested and off the ground. I plan to roll it out this week to the public and announce it here first then over the next few weeks send our announcements to all our customers and really start marketing it. One thing I can tell you, as a buyer or simply just watching the action on the site, it is addicting as hell. The action is fast and the deals are crazy. Some items can be had potentially way below my cost. (hence why I am rolling this out slowly to make sure I dont lose my shirt big time). Stay tuned!

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see it. Sounds like a cigar auction site?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Not an auction per say but kind of a hybrid of different things. What I like about it is its simplicity. One lot at a time, the action is fast yet easy to follow and even if you are not particpating in the sale as a buyer, it is still fun to watch.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Alex Svenson:
    A few months ago I told you guys we were working on a new and innovative cigar site similar to Daily Cigar Deal but with a new concept in selling that I have not seen by anyone else on the web... not just cigars but ecommerce as a whole. I was hopeful this was going to roll out in July but I greatly under estimated how much work was required to get this tested and off the ground. I plan to roll it out this week to the public and announce it here first then over the next few weeks send our announcements to all our customers and really start marketing it. One thing I can tell you, as a buyer or simply just watching the action on the site, it is addicting as hell. The action is fast and the deals are crazy. Some items can be had potentially way below my cost. (hence why I am rolling this out slowly to make sure I dont lose my shirt big time). Stay tuned!
    Can't wait to see what's in store!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Not an auction per say but kind of a hybrid of different things. What I like about it is its simplicity. One lot at a time, the action is fast yet easy to follow and even if you are not particpating in the sale as a buyer, it is still fun to watch.
    Sounds like a ton of fun Alex. Can't wait to see it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    WANTED: MOW Puro's at $20 per box.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Alex Svenson:
    Can't wait to see what's in store!
    +1, Thanks for the intel Alex
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Sounds awesome Alex, I guess you just found a new way to take our money, I can't wait. Bring on the deals.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sounds awesome Alex, I guess you just found a new way to take our money, I can't wait. Bring on the deals.
    The more I look at this and the pit falls, you guys may be taking my money LOL.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Alex, I'll have the green shirt, please. LOL
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds pretty interesting can't wait to see it. Will there be ccom merchandise also? Like shirts, caps lighters, etc ?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    It sounds pretty interesting can't wait to see it. Will there be ccom merchandise also? Like shirts, caps lighters, etc ?
    Maybe even an Autographed picture of AJ Fernandez with Alex, or The Beard smoking a stogie, or maybe if were really fortunate The Goddess,,lol I know a few guys who'd jump all over that one...Wont mention any names,,,cough Fla_Gypsy,,cough
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    In the words of Jessie Spano from saved by the bell all I can say is...."I'm so exicted, I'm so excited, I'm so....scared!!" Yall remember that episode? Classic.
  • Options
    Sweet! Gotta get me some spending money together!!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Haha just what we need...another reason to spend more time on ccom! :0)
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess I have room for a few more boxes to age. Bring it on!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Alex Svenson:
    In the words of Jessie Spano from saved by the bell all I can say is...."I'm so exicted, I'm so excited, I'm so....scared!!" Yall remember that episode? Classic.
    JESSE! Are you taking DIET PILLS!?!?!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and please stop... This and the Armadas... I'm thinking on how long I can make it on ONLY Miller Lite and no food... Gotta ration the less important stuff, ya know
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new site...I'm making room in a humi...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Alex Svenson:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Alex Svenson:
    The more I look at this and the pit falls, you guys may be taking my money LOL.
    Alex how do I go about setting up my direct deposit to CCOM?
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Sounds like a Cigar Penny Auction lol
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    kaelaria:
    Sounds like a Cigar Penny Auction lol
    +1 but they keep saying it's not an auction! This makes me very curious...

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Sounds awesome Alex...can't wait to see it!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's closer to a groupon type thing? But live? So the more people you have interested in a cigar the lower the price goes until you maybe hit a certain mark or something or until a timer hits zero?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I aint falling for it again - talk of this mystery site has become the forum equivalent of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. LOL Until I see a "Its Up & Running!"-type post from Alex S, I aint biting.

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Alex. Glad to hear that this is getting kicked off. I don't think I have any more fingernails after a the nerves from the upcoming development.
  • Options
    Can't wait :)
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Every time I see unread responses to this thread, my pulse rises hoping that it's the now available. Can't wait.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    JudoChinX:
    Every time I see unread responses to this thread, my pulse rises hoping that it's the now available. Can't wait.
    Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I just did the same thing.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! My savings account is gonna decrease lol looking forward to the deals!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex, any news on this?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb