Home General Discussion
Options

I'm going to try switching the wrappers on some cigars.

Looking for some suggestions on cigars to try.

Comments

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    DPG Cuban Classic with a PA maduro wrapper?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Don't forget that re-wetting tobacco restarts the breakdown process, releasing ammonia again.

I'd say Diesel Unlimited with MOW Virtue - might be kinda fun.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to practice on some cheapies first. To get a feel for it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Rhamlin:
    Well of course. I intend to practice before I mess up some good smokes.
    I was looking for the wrapper from this cigar might taste good on that cigar type thing.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Fuente Rosado wrapper on a Diesel UHC
    Diesel PA Broadleaf on a MOW Virtue
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    stephen_hannibal:
    Rhamlin:
    Well of course. I intend to practice before I mess up some good smokes.
    I was looking for the wrapper from this cigar might taste good on that cigar type thing.

Ok how about DPG CC with the 601 blue maduro wrapper.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I know it may not be an inexpensice place to start... but I think it would be awesome to have the wrapper from a San Cristobal on a Sol Cubano CC no.4

I would also love to see an Ave Maria with a cameroon wrapper...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Mow wrapper on a phillie blunt ..
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Mow wrapper on a phillie blunt ..
    mmm that sounds like it would be the best!
  • Options
    Only to be topped by a MoW on a black and mild. It could be dubbed the black and wild.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Dogshit on a Thompson...oh wait, that wouldn't be different...
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    gaberox:
    This sounds tasty, and while your at it . . . . if you take that PA broadleaf off a Diesel UHC then you could try wrapping that diesel back up with a sumatra. Maybe from an LGC or a 5 vegas classic.

Diesel UHC with a sumatra, could be interesting.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    boydmcgowan:
    gaberox:
    This sounds tasty, and while your at it . . . . if you take that PA broadleaf off a Diesel UHC then you could try wrapping that diesel back up with a sumatra. Maybe from an LGC or a 5 vegas classic.

I like the way you think...

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    stephen_hannibal:
    boydmcgowan:
    gaberox:

I like the way you think...

haha, right on man, we do tend to have ismilar tastes.

The Diesel UHC, is a great blend and I think it would be pretty nice with a nice rich toasty nutty creamy sumatra. Might have to go with a more full flavored sumatra than the one on the 5 vegas, but it would be a good place to start.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Antano Dark Corojo corona with the Ecuador Connie wrapper from an EPC New Wave Connie stellas.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would spend some time finding out what the blend in the cigars that you wanna switch wrappers with first. i dont have any sticks in mind, but i would aim for two cigars that are very different blends but where the wrappers could theoretically compliment each other.

however the wrappers have to be different enough to tell a difference. maybe a cameroon wrapper witched with a maduro wrapper.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Kind of going on what Kuzi said. Go with something that will be a fairly significant contrast. Also, the obvious: switch wrappers on cigars of the same size. Try a spray bottle filled with distilled water and mist the cigar until the wrapper comes loose. Get some pectin to get them glued back together and be very careful with the tobacco as it can tear fairly easily.

I've done this before and I would suggest starting with a handful of 5 vegas cigars, mainly because they can be had for short money but are still very good sticks. Try something like the 5 vegas gold connie wrapper switched out with the cask strength or miami. You'll notice a creaminess to a fuller bodied cigar and a bit of spice to an otherwise creamy cigar. Good luck and let us know how it works out.