Home Cigar 101
Options

mold problem

picked up a cigar in june. found some white mold on it today. i have removed it from the humidor what is my next course of action, do I need t clean the whole humidor? will my other sticks have the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If you caught it early then just keep it seperate, wipe the mold off and smoke it next...

If you see any discoloration on the wood then you can take further steps but if it is just on the cigar, don't worry too much.

Just keep an eye on the rest of the cigars and also, try to figure out if the mold was from that single cigar you bought, or if your humi caused it by too much moisture or something
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Lasabar:
    If you caught it early then just keep it seperate, wipe the mold off and smoke it next...

If you see any discoloration on the wood then you can take further steps but if it is just on the cigar, don't worry too much.

Just keep an eye on the rest of the cigars and also, try to figure out if the mold was from that single cigar you bought, or if your humi caused it by too much moisture or something
    +1

and luckily, spanish cedar is pretty easy to spot mold on. I would take the all the cigars out (just put em in a big ziplock with a watter pillow or something, they will be fine for a few days), open the top to the humi and let it dry for a couple days, then inspect it well. The best way is to be in a dark room with the lights off, and inspect it with a flashlight.