Home General Discussion
Options

look what you've done to me............

About a year ago I started up cigars again after a long break.
I had my humi (below), and 10 to 15 cigars, life was good, things were easy.

Then a few months later I discovered Ccom, lurked for a few months, then joined, and down the gopher hole I went...............
look what you've done to me!

(sshhhhh..........wife doesn't know about the bucketidor..........it's pure stealth.)

Comments

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    The bucketidor cracks me up man! So sneaky, yet so practical.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Yup I am in the same boat, I was good with a 100 count humi and about 50 sticks, now sometimes 50 sticks come in 1 day. I have 6 humi's and I am getting ready to make a coolidor to hold over-flow. Oh well life is good.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all been there. That's why my standard advise to new cigar brothers and sisiters is to get a bigger humidor and a second job!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    The bucketidor is a awesome! Keep it up and you'll graduate to a end table humidor! Thats my next purchase. We'll be moving into the furniture category before long!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    can we see some pics from inside the bucketidor? I'm intrigued
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    can we see some pics from inside the bucketidor? I'm intrigued
    Pics will come in a week or so when I'm done seasoning the five cigar boxes inside the bucketidor.
    Basically here's what it will look like:
    Bottom = Four Arturo Fuente cigar boxes, standing up on their sides (the cigars will still be in a horizontal position.
    Also on the bottom there is a space, due to how the boxes lie in there, that's perfect for my 4oz. bead tube. There will likely be some loose sticks down there as well.

Middle = 2 trays - one well ventilated plastic rectangular tray for 15-20 cigars, and a small one for the hygro, and a cigar or three.

Top - another A. Fuente cigar box in horizonal (normal position).
    Then the lid - that's it.
    There is lots of air space - I'll burp it regulary.
    My next bucketidor will be more hi-tech, and will have more capacity. I'm still in the designing phase.