Home General Discussion
Options

Herf--Herf-- Herf???

greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
Thats all I hear. C'mon boys can we get Herf together in the Midwest, particuliarly Illinois. C'mon Yanks, lets show those Johnny Rebs how to do this.

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    greg2648:
    Thats all I hear. C'mon boys can we get Herf together in the Midwest, particuliarly Illinois. C'mon Yanks, lets show those Johnny Rebs how to do this.
    Sure. Come on up to Fargo.
  • Options
    Marker:
    greg2648:
    Fargo?? Would I need a passport? I thought that it was just the name of a bad movie. You are probably just lucky to get cigars up there.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    greg2648:
    Marker:
    greg2648:
    Fargo?? Would I need a passport? I thought that it was just the name of a bad movie. You are probably just lucky to get cigars up there.
    Hey. Just because the weather sucks up here doesn't mean you need to get all bad movie on us. I do own a woodchipper.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    lol I used to live in Normal, IL 7 years ago
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    we were planning one in PA during the last big one in ohio. whatever happened to that ?
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    we were planning one in PA during the last big one in ohio. whatever happened to that ?

PA, you say? I could be down for that...
  • Options
    skweekz:
    kuzi16:

PA, you say? I could be down for that...
    I'd be down to Herf in PA Keep me informed OK
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I tried getting one going awhile ago. No one could confirm though. I'd be down if we could get one rolling.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I would probably be up for one as well. My schedule is a little screwy this time of year, but if it is close I should be able to make it. I live in Peoria, IL.

Rob
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    I would probably be up for one as well. My schedule is a little screwy this time of year, but if it is close I should be able to make it. I live in Peoria, IL.

Rob
    B, I haven't been to any B/Ms in Peoria. Where would you recommend? I will be spending a little more time over there now that the Bass Pro will be open. lol.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm near Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    bump
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    greg2648:
    Bobbo2009:

Rob
    B, I haven't been to any B/Ms in Peoria. Where would you recommend? I will be spending a little more time over there now that the Bass Pro will be open. lol.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Been out of town for work. So far I haven't found a good one in Peoria. Most of the cigarette/tobacco stores have some sort of small walk in humi but I haven't been that impressed with their selection. Try the Friar Tucks liquor store in town. They have a decent selection and it keeps getting a little better each time I go in. I have also heard some good things about a place downtown called "Smoke Near Work" or something like that. I keep forgetting to look them up, but they are only open 8-5 M-F so that usually would mean no go for me.
    How about in B/N? I've been to one place that is mostily cigars with a humi against a back wall in an upstairs area and a smoking room downstairs. It seemed pretty good. Any others that are good around there?
    Rob
  • Options
    The place here in Bloomington is called Smokers Choice. They carry some decent stuff. Not much of the new stuff. No Opus or Davidoff. Decent selection of CAO, AF, Punch, Cohiba, Mac. I am going to try to put a Herf together. May have to go a little North to accomodate other Herfers. I am too busy right now.
  • Options
    greg2648:
    The place here in Bloomington is called Smokers Choice. They carry some decent stuff. Not much of the new stuff. No Opus or Davidoff. Decent selection of CAO, AF, Punch, Cohiba, Mac. I am going to try to put a Herf together. May have to go a little North to accomodate other Herfers. I am too busy right now.

Yep. That's the place I was thinking of. Nothing special but it is better than anything here in Peoria. I'm headed down to Decatur, IL for a few weeks and there is a place there called Goodfellas. He has a great selection and I know he carries Davidoff's. I plan to pick one up to try. Not sure about Opus. I'm also hoping he has some Liga Privada's still sitting around. He has been able to get them in when others can't.

Busy here too but if someone puts together a herf that is close enough I will try to make it.
    Rob