Home General Discussion
Options

Northern Illinois/ Southern Wisconsin BOTL

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Any bird hunters out there. A place I hunt may be putting together a cigar shoot. Would be a half day of pheasant hunting, cigars and some BBQ and herfing. Any hunters in/ around the area? It is off I-90 about 30 miles south of Madison and about 20 miles north of the IL boarder. 2 hours from chicago.

Comments

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Any bird hunters out there. A place I hunt may be putting together a cigar shoot. Would be a half day of pheasant hunting, cigars and some BBQ and herfing. Any hunters in/ around the area? It is off I-90 about 30 miles south of Madison and about 20 miles north of the IL boarder. 2 hours from chicago.
    I bird hunt. I live in Normal, Illinois. I am right at 3 hours to Madison.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    greg2648:
    Alex Svenson:
    3 hours to heaven. Shoot birds, smoke cigars, eat good food. Unless you are attending your own funeral I think you should go.
  • Options
    Marker:
    greg2648:
    Alex Svenson:
    3 hours to heaven. Shoot birds, smoke cigars, eat good food. Unless you are attending your own funeral I think you should go.
    I have a buddy from Fargo. All he talks about is the duck and pheasant hunting up there.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    greg2648:
    Marker:
    greg2648:
    Alex Svenson:
    I have a buddy from Fargo. All he talks about is the duck and pheasant hunting up there.
    West of here from 1 hour to 4 hours is phenomenal pheasant hunting. In Fargo you will see more ducks and geese flying than pigeons/crows by tenfold. Just a great place to hunt if you want to go. Easy access, nice people and no shortage of birds.
  • Options
    Goose season just opened. Hopefully I will bag one this year. I will be going to Africa in two weeks with Some buddies. That should be good hunting.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Goose season just opened. Hopefully I will bag one this year. I will be going to Africa in two weeks with Some buddies. That should be good hunting.
    Aren't people killing other people at will in Africa? Better come to my place in Illinois where I can guarantee you will kill a goose. And will live to tell about it.
  • Options
    greg2648:
    Alex Svenson:
    Aren't people killing other people at will in Africa? Better come to my place in Illinois where I can guarantee you will kill a goose. And will live to tell about it.
    I'll bring the cigars!!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Alex Svenson:
    Just steer clear of the elephants. Rumor has it that killing one of those can bring bad publicity to your company...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I only hunt TAIL but live and work in that exact area...
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    not true, you also slay the Miller Lite cans with reckless abandon.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    not true, you also slay the Miller Lite cans with reckless abandon.
    Yeah, but I didn't mention that for I don't post things on forums that are NOT in my Resume...