Home Ratings & Reviews

Man Of War Armada

I received a MOW Armada in a sample pack and smoked it last night. I have heard many uplifting reviews and was very excited to dive into the flavors! It started off fantastic but as I got to the middle of the cigar it started to bow out like the fat part of a baseball bat. I was wondering if anyone had any issues with this cigar and if maybe I am storing them in the wrong temp. which caused this problem.

Comments

• sounds like she was a little too moist bro!! How long was this stick resting after you received it in the sampler pack? Do you have other smokes that do the same thing or was this the only one?
  • It was only in the humidor for about a week. I have never had this problem before and have smoked cigars in the same humidor after that session. Kinda sucks because it started off very good and my friend said his was excellent all the way through. The sad part is that I had 2 in the pack and gave him one, which smoked perfect throughout!!! Go figures.
  • he is right, it was delicious
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    AJGARLETT:
    sounds like she was a little too moist bro!! How long was this stick resting after you received it in the sampler pack? Do you have other smokes that do the same thing or was this the only one?
    .. I agree with to much humidity or humidity added to quickly. Was that cigar too close to the humidity source. Did the wrapper crack too ?
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    1st off... welcome to the forum, fellas.

sucks about your Armada. My first one did the same thing, I had it in my 72% rig before smoking it... so I moved my others to the 65% rig and had zero issues with the rest of them. Amazing cigars.
  • it wasnt too close and it cracked some but not bad. Oh well, it happens.
    jasonanguish:
    it wasnt too close and it cracked some but not bad. Oh well, it happens.
    yep. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: bad cigars do, in fact, happen to good people.

I do hate to see it happen to a cigar that you were no doubt looking forward to, though. If my very last one wasn't in my "touch this humidor and die" ageing humi, I'd send you another one. lol
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    On a similar note, good cigars probably also happen to bad people. Did I just blow your minds?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    AJGARLETT:
    sounds like she was a little too moist bro!! How long was this stick resting after you received it in the sampler pack?
    this is my line of thought as well. i let things rest for a few weeks (i try for 6) before lighting up anything that has been through the mail recently.

i cant say i always make it those six weeks but i try.
  • Ya, especially with a good cigar like the Armada!

• CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    The Armada is My #1 favorite cigar to date!
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    szeliga:
    he is right, it was delicious
    LOL!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was advised that the single best sweet spot for this stick (I was graciously gifted one by bandyt09) is about 2 years and 6 months.... if you can wait that long it is supposed to just blow your mind! I'm letting mine rest for another 6 months at 65% humidity since bandyt09 has had it resting for 2 years if memory serves right. If you can get another try that if you are willing to wait that long. Just my input, certainly doesn't need to be followed.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    This cigar came out in October - November last year so it hasn't been around for 2 years.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I was advised that the single best sweet spot for this stick (I was graciously gifted one by bandyt09) is about 2 years and 6 months.... if you can wait that long it is supposed to just blow your mind! I'm letting mine rest for another 6 months at 65% humidity since bandyt09 has had it resting for 2 years if memory serves right. If you can get another try that if you are willing to wait that long. Just my input, certainly doesn't need to be followed.
    Brett, you are mistaken on that one, the Armada was purchased when they first came out, I do believe Rich is correct in saying Oct. / nov., so it has close to a year but not 2. If you let it sit 6 months should be good to go.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    90+ Irishman:
    Brett, you are mistaken on that one, the Armada was purchased when they first came out, I do believe Rich is correct in saying Oct. / nov., so it has close to a year but not 2. If you let it sit 6 months should be good to go.
    Ah well I apologize my friend, but I do thank you for the correction, but will now let it sit for at least 6 months, and will TRY to let it sit for 12, lets see if I can hold out, because it looks naughty :) -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any coronas they would trade??
    The Kid:
    I sure do. Sending pm
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    The Kid:
    I sure do. Sending pm
    You Da Man!!! Pm sent