Home Cigar 101
Options

Cracked Wrapper

2»

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    smbrink:
    Speaking of cracked wrappers i recently got a Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon in the mail and noticed that the wrapper was cracked near the end and was about to start coming off. Any tips on how I should handle this?

I have used the sticky part of a rolling paper to "fix" this type of crack :)
    I cut the sticky part of the rolling paper off and use only as much as I can get away with to effect the repairs. Might do the trick for you in this case. :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Good plan Lake, I may have to employ your technique with one or two that I have been holding off smoking for that reason.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    smbrink:
    Speaking of cracked wrappers i recently got a Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon in the mail and noticed that the wrapper was cracked near the end and was about to start coming off. Any tips on how I should handle this?

I cut the sticky part of the rolling paper off and use only as much as I can get away with to effect the repairs. Might do the trick for you in this case. :)
    And why exactly do you have rolling papers lake?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    smbrink:

.... to fix damaged cigars, of course. :}
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    smbrink:

I should hope!
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    smbrink:

I should hope!

Actually that is exactly why I have the papers. I haven't smoked cigs for almost 20 yrs.
    It was my "kid (23) that suggested this fix and it actually worked real well, so...;)
  • Options
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    smbrink:

I should hope!

Actually that is exactly why I have the papers. I haven't smoked cigs for almost 20 yrs.
    It was my "kid (23) that suggested this fix and it actually worked real well, so...;)
    and you rolled your own back then? I thought you were a doobie expert or something. You Canadians and your lax laws and such.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    smbrink:

I should hope!

and you rolled your own back then? I thought you were a doobie expert or something. You Canadians and your lax laws and such.

What even us "ancient" ones...
    I did try to quit one time by switching to "roll your own's" but after a month you couldn't get me to smoke a "tailor made" smoke.
    That little experiment put back my eventual quitting by 2 years lol. I smoked these "rollies" until I quit.
    Rolling dubbies? Yeah been there done that...once...and I didn't inhale :)
  • Options
    Which one of our past Presidents told that lie ? Was it fellow BOTL Billy C. ?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Rolling dubbies? Yeah been there done that...once...and I didn't inhale :)
    Dammit, Bill, I understand you don't inhale but will you stop sleeping with all the help. You've completely turned doody out. He's trying to get me to bring over some gel ...