Home General Discussion
Options

why is a **** load not enough?

Really not bragging because I know there are botl that have a lot more then me. Please answer me this I have a crap load of good sticks, why can I not stop buying. Its a dam decease. Like when is it enough...lol I really enjoy collecting. But I don't see an end in sight I want too, but there are so many more I want.help me..i'm going to find a meeting at a church or something.

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no meetings here on the West Coast, I have already checked; besides, I started buying cigars before I was smoking cigars hence I really don't want to labeled a quitter, so I keep buying.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have a full 100ct and an overflow tupperdore not quite full. I might get a 1000ct end table soon so I can buy boxes for aging. I don't know how many is too many. I am only at 230 or so cigars. I just really want to start smoking aged cigars so I need to start that process.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Marker:
    I have a full 100ct and an overflow tupperdore not quite full. I might get a 1000ct end table soon so I can buy boxes for aging. I don't know how many is too many. I am only at 230 or so cigars. I just really want to start smoking aged cigars so I need to start that process.
    thats my thought to age so I started buying a box then another, now I have twenty something boxes one on the way and a crap load of loose. Its great beause A young cigar has like six to nine months on it. But I've put every ounce of energy not to pull the trigger and buy like five more boxes.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Marker, you have a pm

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    cooch36:
    Really not bragging because I know there are botl that have a lot more then me. Please answer me this I have a crap load of good sticks, why can I not stop buying. Its a dam decease. Like when is it enough...lol I really enjoy collecting. But I don't see an end in sight I want too, but there are so many more I want.help me..i'm going to find a meeting at a church or something.
    My wife is wondering the same things. Let me know if you find a good answer, or even better: a good excuse. ;)
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    cooch36:
    Marker:
    thats my thought to age so I started buying a box then another, now I have twenty something boxes one on the way and a crap load of loose. Its great beause A young cigar has like six to nine months on it. But I've put every ounce of energy not to pull the trigger and buy like five more boxes.
    I am able to slow down buying if I don't have room. There is such a stark difference between aged and OTT cigars. I have some 3-4 months down but that is such a short cigar downtime. I feel I have understood enough of my profile to start on boxes. Now, how much patience do I have to leave boxes for 2-3 years without smoking them all?
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    the problem with having good sticks is that you know they are good and know they get better with age. So you keep buying more so youll have so many its forced aging, and then buy more to replace the ones you just had.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    the problem with having good sticks is that you know they are good and know they get better with age. So you keep buying more so youll have so many its forced aging, and then buy more to replace the ones you just had.
    ^^^^^ what he said
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    cooch36:

Cooch36 I drool everytime I see your cabinet. My cabinet is full now and my cooler is back in action. I'm going to put boxes in the cooler for ageing. But to get to the question. I was asking myself that just yesterday. I thought the cabinet was going to do the trick. I found out in a weeks time. That it's still stuff I want to try thet I don't have. If you find church or club or whatever. PM me so I can join too. I will tell you this, the first step would have to be. Stop talking to the likes of Kuzi, Diamondog, Zeebra, BandyT, Jsnake, 415 and guys like that. Because they are not good for your wallet. They always have a new cigar that they either reviewed and it sounds good. Picked up some cigar you never seen before and post it for you to drool over. Have a limited cigar or is able to find limited cigar you missed out on. Better but worse, make trades or splits that just keeps you interested. Yep, we would have to start by taking them off our friend list. Good luck, lol....
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I'm able to slow down on purchasing cigars when I spend my money on a new computer or vehicle....well, for a few days anyway ;)

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to see that if I had the funds for it and my wife didn't hit me with a frying pan this little hobby that started out as just one stick every now and then could really get out of hand.
  • Options
    I just looking at a vid on youtube of some guys walk-in. Dam it looked good, so I show my girl expecting a eye roll and no fn way.. NO she says she wouldn't have a problem with me doing that...WTF I'm getting no help on my end. She just said she will not let me fill it..then paused and said as if she could control that. Really now I'm thinking winter project. Also will include living spaces for above metioned BOTL so as to help store their collections (aka hijack).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL9KIkVdYvM
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I had a ton and begun smoking the stash down considerably. What my issue is it that I have several very high end sticks that always stay in the humidor though, always looking for that just right occassion that never seems to materialize!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Stop talking to the likes of Kuzi, Diamondog, Zeebra, BandyT, Jsnake, 415 and guys like that (aka RCY Cigars).
    Funny how these posters that say these things always forget to include themselves. Don't worry Rick, I fixed it for you
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:
    Stop talking to the likes of Kuzi, Diamondog, Zeebra, BandyT, Jsnake, 415 and guys like that (aka RCY Cigars).
    Funny how these posters that say these things always forget to include themselves. Don't worry Rick, I fixed it for you

Thanks Buddy, lol....

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    bandyt09:
    RCY Cigars:

Thanks Buddy, lol....

Now that's a friend.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    cooch36:
    There's no question about it - it is a "disease". (I have it) And there are many others with similar disorders - wine and scotch collectors for instance. Not quite the same, but people who "collect" stuff have the same issues (watches, toy trains, beenie babies etc.)
    The difference is that with wine/scotch and cigars, at least one is consuming them at some point......and that is the rationilzation which makes it so easy for the disease to take over.
    The toy and object collectors on the other hand convince themselves that it's an investment (and in some cases it might be.)

Your "satisfaction level" keeps getting elevated, and for many, it just takes forever to level off. This satisfaction zone keeps slipping just out of reach..........and you rationalize all your acquisitions ("I need to age boxes"........... "I don't like cigars x,y, and z anymore, so I need to replace them with....... a, b, and c"..................... "those cigars are a great deal right now!"............"Johnny said these are awesome cigars, and I don't even have any, gotta get me some............"
    and on and on...........and the disease progresses.

I remember I was happy with my 20ct humi and 15 sticks............................then I stumble into this asylum...........................and now I'm building cigar buckets...................I'm very ill.

• Options
    Ok I have a great Idea that works for everyone..I am going to go ahead and build a walk in humidor all that I ask is for everyone to send me donations so that this dream can come true and for your help in funding this venture I will allow you to store your cigars in it. So pls start sending my as much money as you can now and fallow with sending all your sticks. Thany you your help is strongly appriciated....;)
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    yeah...definitely what he said....sounds so very familiar.