Home General Discussion
Options

Nawlins

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
i am going to be down in New Orleans this Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. i am not 100% sure where exactly i will be staying but, once i do know ill post it. maybe one of those days we can get out and burn one.

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Whats the occasion? I'll be stuck in Seattle. Really want to visit NO sometime.
  • Options
    our 5 year anniversary was on the 10th. so we decided to make a long weekend around then. it just so happened that she has a trade show on that monday so we thought we would get there friday afternoon and just make a weekend of it... partly on her companies dime.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'd love to invite you for a smoke while here, but I'll hooking up the old travel trailer on Thursday and heading to the Ozarks for 2 weeks. Enjoy. The weather is great now and the Houston fans will be swarming the French Quarter. You'll have a blast.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    our 5 year anniversary was on the 10th. so we decided to make a long weekend around then. it just so happened that she has a trade show on that monday so we thought we would get there friday afternoon and just make a weekend of it... partly on her companies dime.
    good form!
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    congrats on the 5 year!!!
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Wish I could be there. I LOVE the Big Easy. Have a Hurricane over at Pat O's for me.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Congrats!
  • Options
    when they say "the big easy" they aint lyin.
    this town is laid back.
    lookin like monday is when i am gunna have time to get a cigar in.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Well I visit New Orleans pretty often and it is a laid back city. You want some good food to try....

Dragos on Canal, connected to the Hilton hotel across Harrahs, best damyn Charbroilled Oysters!!!

Cajuns off I-10 and Read Blvd, and they have 3 other locations. Its ghetto sometimes, but tourists are welcomed there and the one off Read Blvd is the newest location right off the interstate. This is my wifes cousins restaurants and they are very popular for locals. Best shrimp poboys or soft shell crabs around!!!

deanies seafood, great stuffed shrimp and other good foods.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Dragos on Canal, connected to the Hilton hotel across Harrahs, best damyn Charbroilled Oysters!!!

im actually staying in that hilton. might get down there for dinner.

the food has been great so far. i mean, that is the point of going to NOLA
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    zeebra:

im actually staying in that hilton. might get down there for dinner.

the food has been great so far. i mean, that is the point of going to NOLA
    And if you leave your trip without trying these Charbroilled oysters.....I'm just gonna have to hang my head down. Let me know what you think of em...enjoy!
  • Options
    one more thing...
    for those that were wondering how the food was on the trip, HERE is the link to everything you wanna know.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice write-up, send your wife my compliments. I can't tell you how jealous I am, that all sounds fantastic.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Matt, you make me what to move down there. Nice article, and great photos.