Home Cigar 101

Penn Broadleaf Maduro

2»

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    skweekz:
    Quoted from the article: "The wrappers on these four cigars look like they were sun-grown."

How does a wrapper "look" sun-grown?
    Texture. Wrappers grown under shade are smoother to the touch.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    dennisking:
    La Casita Criolla I believe. correct me if I'm wrong please
    Hey, Dennis, I think that cigar uses all CT Broadleaf.
    I think you're right Tony. nice catch
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    A little known fact for you gents, the PA Broadleaf maduro undergoes a different curing process which is one of the primary reasons it has such a unique taste. In curing, fires are lit in the barnes to help regulate the humidity. In most parts of the world they burn wood but in PA they burn hickory. Next time you smoke a PA broadleaf maddy, look for the that signature taste.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Alex Svenson:
    A little known fact for you gents, the PA Broadleaf maduro undergoes a different curing process which is one of the primary reasons it has such a unique taste. In curing, fires are lit in the barnes to help regulate the humidity. In most parts of the world they burn wood but in PA they burn hickory. Next time you smoke a PA broadleaf maddy, look for the that signature taste.
    Dang. Alex, you've once again floored me with sweet sweet knowledge.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Wow, I had no idea tobacco was smoked. Wait, no, that came out wrong...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Alex Svenson:
    Wow, I had no idea tobacco was smoked. Wait, no, that came out wrong...
    Damn Ken, you keep giving all of us BORK's killer sig lines... this is my new one :D
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Wow that explains it's meatiness. Thanks Alex.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That does explain the uniqueness I am so fond of. Thanks for the info.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    That is an interesting tidbit of information. I am a big fan of the PA broadleaf so maybe this is just one more reason why.