Home General Discussion
Options

Iphone Cigar Apps

I know practically nothing about cigars, and i'm working on that. However, I do know about Iphones! I found some great Iphone cigar apps and wanted to share and see if anyone else has other good ones?

- Mobile Stogie: Lists 3697 cigars over 150 brands. Tells about each cigar. Brand, origin, shape, binder ect. and you can add it to your "collection" and do your own review on it and have it logged with the app.

- Cigar Review: Lists 6748 cigars over 1097 brands. Tells about each cigar and also includes reviews from other individuals who have the app! This is a must have in my opinion because you can do a search by brand or by typing the name and find reviews while your shopping in-store. Perfect for a new guy and I would imagine an expert too!

- Cigar Finder: Enter your zip, city or state and it will find a local B&M (i've been doing some reading on the forum can you tell?) You can also put how far you want it to look in miles. 5, 10, 25, 50 ect. I would imagine this app will keep getting better and better as it is updated, and must be great for someone who travels.

Those are the good ones i've been using so far and find the most useful.

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Drew Estates has an iPhone app......

I'm pretty pissed they dissed us droid users.... >:-(
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do an update on the Mobile Stogie app, I think you'll find that there's around 10,000 cigars listed. Mine is showing 10,747 at the moment. It's a good app and I use it fairly frequently.
  • Options
    lilwing88:

I tried looking for it. Is it called something special?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I use mobile stogie also, good app...just ticked a little that I had to start over when it was sold.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    I use mobile stogie also, good app...just ticked a little that I had to start over when it was sold.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I was still trying to download the app when the sale took place and it was an instance where my ignorance paid off. By the time I got it downloaded and sorted out in my mind (with some help from you and a few others, as I recall) the transition was over and I didn't have to go through what you did. More luck than good management. Anyway, I like it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Cigar boss is also kinda cool.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Cigar boss is also kinda cool.

I just got that one too. It seems promising and very well put together. Their next update should be great.
  • Options
    whats cigar boss like? I really wish they would release some good Ipad cigar apps.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    whats cigar boss like? I really wish they would release some good Ipad cigar apps.
    Cigar Boss is an app where you can search by cigar. Once you find it, it will tell you ratings, you can rate it, tells you price online and boxed price online. It also gives you all the details about that cigar. You can also search by strength, ring guage, country, wrapper, length and price. You can also make a favorites list so you never forget. There is a free version of it. It just has ads in it. No biggie.

I love your avatar by the way!

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:

Do you know a good app for your droid? I have HTC and nothing looks appealing. Would like to find something I can keep track of inventory. That would be great...

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    lilwing88:

Do you know a good app for your droid? I have HTC and nothing looks appealing. Would like to find something I can keep track of inventory. That would be great...

I have a great App. for Droid. "Rate My Cigar" is awesome and easy to use (with a little tinkering). Support is fantastic as well. It keeps stats like how many cigars, last enjoyed, how much $$$. The list of cigars is ever increasing as well. But, if you have a stick not on the list you can manually add it. You can rate the cigars (up to 5 Stars), put in comments etc. Also you can put pictures in for each stick as well. I love it and use it all the time. Worth checking out. I think it costs $3.00
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    RCY Cigars:
    lilwing88:

I have a great App. for Droid. "Rate My Cigar" is awesome and easy to use (with a little tinkering). Support is fantastic as well. It keeps stats like how many cigars, last enjoyed, how much $$$. The list of cigars is ever increasing as well. But, if you have a stick not on the list you can manually add it. You can rate the cigars (up to 5 Stars), put in comments etc. Also you can put pictures in for each stick as well. I love it and use it all the time. Worth checking out. I think it costs $3.00

Thanks KCW, I'm going to check it out....

• Options
    howtobass:
    Krieg:
    Cigar Boss is an app where you can search by cigar. Once you find it, it will tell you ratings, you can rate it, tells you price online and boxed price online. It also gives you all the details about that cigar. You can also search by strength, ring guage, country, wrapper, length and price. You can also make a favorites list so you never forget. There is a free version of it. It just has ads in it. No biggie.

I love your avatar by the way!

Thanks...and thanks!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hey guys, just came across this. I'm the Cigar Boss developer and really appreciate the feedback. We're launching a MASSIVE update in about 2 weeks, so please be sure to check it out and let me know if there is any features you guys would like to see!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    SWestmoreland:
    Hey guys, just came across this. I'm the Cigar Boss developer and really appreciate the feedback. We're launching a MASSIVE update in about 2 weeks, so please be sure to check it out and let me know if there is any features you guys would like to see!
    Nice didn't know you prowl these threads.
    Been watching your sneak previews on twitter... I honestly can't wait.

• Options
    SWestmoreland:
    i have cigar boss on my iphone, but it has stopped working since I bought my 4S. Just sits on the loading screen.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Krieg:
    SWestmoreland:
    i have cigar boss on my iphone, but it has stopped working since I bought my 4S. Just sits on the loading screen.
    I can't wait to get the 4S when I get back!! I like Cigar Boss too. It's a good tool.
  • Options
    Did 2.0 fix your loading issue?
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Related but a little off topic, but what is the purpose of Digital smoking apps? I honestly don't see why people pay for them..
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I have a dossier app, store locator, and an excel type sheet I created for inventory.
  • Options
    scarlin:
    Related but a little off topic, but what is the purpose of Digital smoking apps? I honestly don't see why people pay for them..
    cuz they have more money than sense, i guess

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    scarlin:

My forgetter's gettin' better but my rememberer is broke... I thought Mobile Stogie was free. Wasn't it?
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Krieg:
    scarlin:

My forgetter's gettin' better but my rememberer is broke... I thought Mobile Stogie was free. Wasn't it?
    Nope, $4...always

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    jlmarta:
    Krieg:
    scarlin:

Nope, $4...always
    Unless your iphone is Jailbroken....

scarlin:
    Digital smoking apps are dumb (Pretend smoking). However, informational cigar apps are very useful.
  • Options
    R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
    SWestmoreland:
    Honestly, Cigar Boss kinda sucks... it's VERY cluttered, the UI is chunky and doesn't flow very well... I HATE that adding a cigar to my humidor involves searching for it in some database, hitting that tiny little 'add' button over and over and over, then being required to fill in ALL 7,000 LINES in the 'notes' screen, not just the ones I want to record, then my humidor record is auto-populated with a page-and-a-half catalog description of the cigar instead of just what I wanted to remember... the entire app is basically nothing but a glorified shopping cart without the ability to actually order anything... and the "shop locator" isn't... it's just another commercial. Check out an app called 'Wine Notes' and copy it for cigars. Make it clean, simple, versatile (unbiased to any particular brand), easy on the eyes and WAY CHEAPER! NOBODY on the app store has managed to put out a one-stop cigar app, or even one that is even passable... sory, but somebody's gotta step it up... What I REALLY wish for is a Cigar.com app with all that PLUS a one-click order button like Amazon has! That would be da-bomb-diggity... as the kids say.
    "...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."
  • Options
    MAWartMAWart Posts: 137
    I saw this old thread and wonder if there are any updates. I tried Cigar Boss but couldn't find half the cigars I had (could be because I don't know what I have). Who likes what apps the best for iPhone?
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try stogie tracker, very simple