Home General Discussion
Options

Brand New Humidor, now I gotta fill it!

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well Gentlemen, This is my first post in this community and it is probably a good idea to introduce myself. I'm an avid cigar smoking and have been enjoying cigars for the past 4+ years on a semi-monthly basis. I will say that I have been very blessed with the cigar selection that I have had access to and will lay out a decent list of what I have had and truly enjoyed with the hope that you guys can give me some advice on what I should be filling the new box with and possibly some ideas that I wouldn't have considered without someone pointing me towards it. I have always been a Gurkha and Rocky Patel fan, enjoying the Gurkha Legend, Regent, Royal Brigade, Sherpa Cafe, and Gran Reserve. For Rocky I haven't ever had one that I disliked, but my favorites would be the Vintage 1990 and 1992, but I very much enjoy the Connecticut and the Vintage 1999 Connecticut. Right now I have a 150+ humidor that has been seasoned for a couple months now at 69 degrees and 68% humidity. Currently sitting in the humidor are 18 Gurkha Sherpa Cafe's (Already enjoyed two from the mazo of 20 that I started the humidor with). So here is the real question? I will be making a purchase mid-October maxing out at $60-70 and was looking for some suggestions as to what I should be looking into? So far I am very interested in try: Padilla Miami Any Cain variations Gurkha Park Avenue Gurkha Beauty Rocky Patel Decade Man O War Ruination Man O War Virtue Diesel Patel Bros Ave Maria If you feel I'm missing something please give me a heads up, the only requirement to get it on the list would be that it must finish very smooth with no "significant bite to it" seems to me the "pepper" is what I normally associate with as a bite. Thanks All! Brett
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Hey Brett, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you got the beginnings of a pretty good stash. I got a 150 ct as well. Started out pretty thin in January, and now I'm close to needing a backup humi! Stick around this forum and become a regular contributer, and that 150 ct might fill up as fast as mine did. BTW, your the only person on this forum I've heard admitt to enjoying the Gurkha Sherpa. I'm a Kristoff fan myself, check em out.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you've got a good bunch of sticks on your wish list. Personally, I'd add the 5 Vegas Classic if you haven't had it. I always forget about it until I finally grab one for whatever reason and then I almost instantly have a moment where I kick myself for not buying a box. Also don't overlook the house blends here, they're pretty amazing as well. I highly recommend the sun grown label.

Also, welcome. Trust me, you could not have come to a better place. Oh, and forget about filling that humidor, that's already a given. Now start thinking about what to upgrade to. ;)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Also, welcome. Trust me, you could not have come to a better place. Oh, and forget about filling that humidor, that's already a given. Now start thinking about what to upgrade to. ;)
    I'll second that. Welcome and start saving for your new humi. Good choice going big though. Most start off with a 30-50 count and find themselves short of room in a month or two.
  • Options
    I've got a decent number of the Broadleaf Connecticut sticks in the box so I'm looking to get a decent Habano or Maduro to get some more depth and character, you said you were a Kristoff fan, is there one in particular you would point someone towards? Thanks!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    There is a sampler here called the Full Bodied Tap-out Sampler, 10 cigars for 35 dollars worth double that easily, All great smokes that you will be sure to enjoy. Welcome, by the way.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Looks like you've got a good bunch of sticks on your wish list. Personally, I'd add the 5 Vegas Classic if you haven't had it. I always forget about it until I finally grab one for whatever reason and then I almost instantly have a moment where I kick myself for not buying a box. Also don't overlook the house blends here, they're pretty amazing as well. I highly recommend the sun grown label.

I haven't had a full stick of any 5 Vegas but I have had a taste of the 5 Vegas Gold and have to say I was quite impressed. I do have my eye on a small cabinet style humidor but I would need to have a supply of cigars to stock it first haha