Home Cigar 101

Identify this Montecristo Humidor & Value?

My brother picked up a Montecristo Humidor at a yard sale for 12 bucks, and gave it to me as a gift. It is shaped like an "M" and has a plexiglass tray. It is made from black lacquer and burlwood, with a glass top printed with the Montecristo logo. Dimentions are approx 19 1/2" L x 9 3/4" W x 8 1/2" H I was trying to find out who made it, if it was intended for retail or private use, and how much its worth. While pictures might help, I have not figured out how to upload them yet, so here is a link to another site with pictures of the same humidor (but no further details unless you subscribe to their site): http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/montecristo-platinum-cigar-humidor-without Anyone have any info on this? Appreciate it!

Comments

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a display humidor, something like you may find in Vegas. I'm pretty sure these were handed out by reps to retailers so I doubt you'll find much price-point info. It could have also been used at a release event/promotion. It would look cool for the man cave or a bar or something. You could always slap it up on E-bay or see if some local B&M would want it or trade you some cigars for it. It isn't very practical in terms of storage space but it dose have a cool-factor that someone would appreciate and maybe even pay for.
  • Thanks - appreciate the feedback. I don't plan on selling it, but if it was worth a lot I would at least given my brother an chance to retract the gift and sell it on eBay himself. It does sit in my man cave now, is nice to look at and suprisingly can hold up to 50 cigars. I only put a few in it as I have a couple other humidors to store the bulk.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    no clue about your humi... but looks pretty freakin sweet for $12...

welcome to the forum, btw!
  • Thanks! - looks like a great site - especially for a newbie like me who is always looking for good suggestions. I'm heading out to my hot tub now to smoke a V.S.O.P. and listen to the Red Sox & Yankees battle it out in OT. September has not been a good month for Boston - they really need this one bad. -GO SOX!!