Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Need some support, and to rant...

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey BOTL/SOTL, I gotta go on a bit of a rant here, and to stand on the "soap box". If this isn't your thing no need to read any further and no offense will be taken, just given a heads up so I don't rub anyone the wrong way.

So back story will be said so that you can understand what is going on and where I am coming from. I spent 4 years at the Colorado School of Mines, a very respectable engineering school, going for my BS in Mechanical Engineering. In my final year I got into the classes that were indicative of what I would actually be doing as a M.E. and unfortunetly I hated it and did not want to be stuck in a cubicle drawing diagrams for the corporate boss for the foreseeable future. Instead of changing majors and racking up more and more student loan debt I decided to quite and instead go into sales. I was very good at it and enjoyed it. However I have had a degenerative muscular and spinal disease along with a few auto-immune disorders for the past 4 years that I will live with for the rest of my life. Due to this I live in a fairly constant state of somewhat severe pain. Instead of curling up in a ball and letting it dictate my life I learned to work through it and be happy regardless. It has become evident though that it is becoming increasingly difficult to work a 40+ hr/wk job due to the strain it puts on my system and my health. I have thus gone into seasonal jobs and management. It has worked very well and I have been happy with this arrangement.

This is where the story takes a turn though. My wife just got out of ICU two weeks ago due to a heart-attack. 3 days and 2 nights in the hospital is very very expensive and she will be out of work for an unknown period of time to recover and get back to a healthy place. The job I have been working was a Manager of a local Halloween store. I upped my hours to around 50 hrs/wk which has been tough but I am glad to do to support the woman I cherish and love, and I am currently able to do so. But this is the only source of income we have, and it has worked out just fine because I have taken the hours to do so.

I have continually bent over backwards for every single one of my employees, given money to them when they needed it without repayment and I am happy to do that, came in early every single shift, stayed late every shift, done the hard and bad jobs so they wouldn't have to, given them extra time off and breaks, and never said a bad word to anyone. I am aware that as a man I do have a bit of an abrasive humor, especially with rich pampered and prissy women. And now this is where the rub comes in, I apparently offended one of said prissy girls with a joke that I made WEEKS ago. I have always told every employee that if I ever offend them or make them uncomfortable they can approach me without repercussion and let me know so that I may better myself and make it a wonderful environment to be in. Instead of telling me about this, she went out of her way to set me up actually. Due to the fact that this is a halloween store, many of the outfits are very provocative and "slutty", said girl dressed up in one of these outfits, and then proceeded to ask my opinion on how to make it skankier. I have never once touched any girl in ANY inappropriate way and am a very soft spoken and kind individual. I told her in a very professional manner how she could make it more provacative and she laughed and smiled and said thank you to me. She then turned around and gossiped to the other prissy girls who then got some of the men on their side and made a complaint to our owner that if he did not fire me, that all of them would quite simultaneously and force the store to close due to under-staffing. The owner who stated to me personally less than an hour ago that I was his best employee he has ever had, and the only person from this season that he would want to spend time with outside of work, but he had to force me to quit because he couldn't have his store close down.

So now, I am out of work, with medical bills from the ICU session incoming, no college degree, and a degenerative muscular disease that keeps me from doing manual labor ALL because some **** set me up for no reason what-so-ever!!! @$#%^^%$$#@#$^& DAMMIT!!!!!!! SCREW EVERY BOULDER COLLEGE MORON WHO MIMICS JERSEY SHORE AND RUIN PEOPLE'S SOURCE OF LIFE!!!!!!

That said, I am SURE that everything will work out, and the owner is personally attempting to find another job for me through his contacts because he knew that I was screwed for NO reason. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that, I just had to get this off my chest before I went Postal on the CU campus for fu(king me and my wife for their petty jealousy and catty-ness. Thanks for listening and I now feel much better lol, back to being good natured and kind Brett. -- Brett Jarman out hehe
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! What a witch (with a B). I wish there was something I could do to ease your problem. FWIW, I'm holding good thoughts for you and your wife and will pray for a good outcome to this situation. Keep your chin up, my friend.
  • Options
    I thank you from the bottom of my heart Marty, my wife is the single most cherished and important thing in this world to me and anyone who is kind to her will always have my gratitude. Thanks a bunch, and yeah it will all be okay, she is just suffering from a horrible and very terrible bout of depression, and this is just putting her over the top right now. It will all work out and be okay, just hard today.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you have had your share of rough times. I sincerely hope things get better.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a selfish little cu nt! Sorry you had to go through this, it's amazing how fuc ked up some people are. She'll get hers, someday, some way. Hang tough, good luck.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm headed to the lounge tomorrow with a bottle of 12 year Jameson, a MoW, AJ Fernandez Fresh-Rolled, and a MoW Puro Authentico... I think I'll get over it heheehehehe. Thanks for all of your support!
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    My prayers to the health of you and your wife. Please keep the faith and all will improve. Also, this forum is full of great people who will definitely rally around you.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    You've still got your wife. That's the important part. Jobs, bills and degrees come and go. A good woman will last a lifetime by your side.

I'm sure everything will work out in the long run, brother.
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    skweekz:
    You've still got your wife. That's the important part. Jobs, bills and degrees come and go. A good woman will last a lifetime by your side.

+1. Keep your head-up! I'm a firm believer things happen for a reason, and also a believer in karma. You'll be repaid for your good deeds, and she will get hers. Stay positive and focused, and you'll pull through.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    skweekz:

+1. Keep your head-up! I'm a firm believer things happen for a reason, and also a believer in karma. You'll be repaid for your good deeds, and she will get hers. Stay positive and focused, and you'll pull through.
    +2. During times like these we become stronger and wiser. Your head and heart is in the right place my friend, so hang in there...we are behind you and there are better days ahead.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot men, a new day and a new perspective make all the difference. Got three sticks and some 12 years whiskey lined up to watch the Bronco's game today, so I'm sure that I'll be REALLLLL fine :)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    That sucks man and prayers are on their way from my family to yours . I am a huge believer in what goes around comes around ( I have seen it up close and personal very recently ) so the little smart-aleck will eventually get hers .

On another note , I'm no lawyer , but it almost seems like she sexually harassed you with the " slutty outfit and come-on " bit . Wouldn't that be funny if you could somehow sue her little dumb-*** for sexual harassment of YOU !!!
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I would find a couple extra bucks, stroll in there pick something out, walk to an empty register and yell "hey why don't one of you galqueda **** get over here and check me out" ;)
  • Options
    wwestern:
    I would find a couple extra bucks, stroll in there pick something out, walk to an empty register and yell "hey why don't one of you galqueda **** get over here and check me out" ;)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.... man o man would I LOVE to do that, but I'll take the better part of valor and just walk away. 4 sensational sticks watching the games today with a glass of whiskey, while the wife sat next to me smoking a stick as well for the first time since she got out of ICU (doctor cleared her for the moment) and seeing an old friend who led me to an A.Fuente Hemmingway Short Story Maduro made all the pain go away. I'm back to the smart-a$$ed Irishman I've always been, so here's to you fellas, thanks for hanging with me! -- Brett
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there is any legal action u can do against the employee, defamation of character or something like that or I can just send you one of my muffler whistles! LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Man I'm really sorry to hear all of this! She'll get hers. It's funny how it all works out but it will. I know that doesn't make it any easier right now but it may provide some comfort. I'll be praying for you and your wife
  • Options
    Thanks for the helping hand guys, the wife is doing much better and actually was able to have a cigar with me yesterday, so all is well on the Eastern Front. And yes, I completely agree that karma will bend her over without buying her dinner first very soon.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks for the helping hand guys, the wife is doing much better and actually was able to have a cigar with me yesterday, so all is well on the Eastern Front. And yes, I completely agree that karma will bend her over without buying her dinner first very soon.
    That sounds like how she rolls anyway... Good luck.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Glad to hear the wife is doing better. I believe in providence, everything will work out for you in the end.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    gmill880:
    I am a huge believer in what goes around comes around.
    OOoo! Pick me to deliver the "comes around" part! That kind of BS makes my blood boil.

I hope you find another job soon that suits you better considering your physical issues. My thoughts are with you.

• Options
    Thanks everyone I truly am very touched by all of your guys support! Just found out the local b&m is hiring and dropped off my app, hope I get a call back but I think I'm a decent candidate since I have managed a smoking lounge before, but who knows. Things happen for a reason, maybe this is it, maybe not. Whatever happens was meant to be though :)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks everyone I truly am very touched by all of your guys support! Just found out the local b&m is hiring and dropped off my app, hope I get a call back but I think I'm a decent candidate since I have managed a smoking lounge before, but who knows. Things happen for a reason, maybe this is it, maybe not. Whatever happens was meant to be though :)
    That'd be awesome if that works out man! Praying for ya