Home General Discussion

EBay Purchase

cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
So I scrolled through the gazillion ebay cigar stuff to find something special ashtray, art, Bla bla..and what do I find a seller with a box of Opus 22 charity box from 05 unopened stored in one of his cab's. ALWAYS AT A PERFECT ENVIROMENT was for sale. I was the only bidder and got a sick price I think. Checked sell feed back with 100% possitive 275 or so and some were cigar high end sales. So don't think its a scam. Love to have these in my collection but never at MSRP or the inflated price. My B-Day is in for days and My gift is on its way.... whooooyyaaa.

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    nice!..........
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Awesome! Be sure to post pics when it arrives!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Grats on the find. That's one of those "someday" purchases for me.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    For some reason when I ever search for that stuff I can never find it. Lameeeeeee.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    It was pure luck to find it. So just waiting for my find to arrive. There was also a box of love storys for sale 18 one bid for $355 22hrs left
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I always feel a little uneasy buying cigars from an unfamiliar source. If they were not taken care of properly it would be a huge disappointment.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    There's no way to not sound like im being a jerk here but (TRUST ME im not), you did verify there were cigars in the box right? I know it says "unopened" but that means nothing in Ebay land. I've seen so many stories about empty boxes sold on Ebay, I think im a little cynical! Congrats on the great find though, I hope they arrive in perfect condition for you bro!! (and I mean that)

Tony G.
    AJGARLETT:
    There's no way to not sound like im being a jerk here but (TRUST ME im not), you did verify there were cigars in the box right? I know it says "unopened" but that means nothing in Ebay land. I've seen so many stories about empty boxes sold on Ebay, I think im a little cynical! Congrats on the great find though, I hope they arrive in perfect condition for you bro!! (and I mean that)

Tony G.
    Bro trust me I'm nervous as *** till it arrives. I looked at sellers feedback and he as sold similar, and hope for same possitve experiance. Not being opened means no pics of cigars. And yes very worried about condition. If stored properly. Seller has been very coopertive and responsive to messaging.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    cooch36:
    AJGARLETT:

Tony G.
    Bro trust me I'm nervous as *** till it arrives. I looked at sellers feedback and he as sold similar, and hope for same possitve experiance. Not being opened means no pics of cigars. And yes very worried about condition. If stored properly. Seller has been very co-opertive and responsive to messaging.
    sounds positive so far!!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    AJGARLETT:
    cooch36:
    AJGARLETT:

Tony G.
    Bro trust me I'm nervous as *** till it arrives. I looked at sellers feedback and he as sold similar, and hope for same possitve experiance. Not being opened means no pics of cigars. And yes very worried about condition. If stored properly. Seller has been very co-opertive and responsive to messaging.
    sounds positive so far!!
    Using PayPal is a great idea for these sorts of things. They can help sort out any obvious scams if you do fall victim. Still, prevention is always the best.
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    I hope everything works out great. I have heard of someone buying something but failed to miss the fine print that stated it was for the box only. I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't cigars. Sealed means they have to be in there right? LOL.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome man. Congrats!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see pics and to know how the deal came out. Good luck brother , maybe you'll wind up with a solid connection for those hard to find rares at reasonable prices.
    His discript gave an invitory or the box and as on all ebay sales of tubak. it states for bands and coffins the tubak inside is not for consumption and is only for colleting. but with his feed back I feel very confident we e-mailed three times and he was very good to return comunication as all his feed backs say. I told him I would send money today and he said he would send a bonus.<<<< I 'm waiting! Pic's to follow....
    double post sorry..
  • I'm sure it's fine. I saw some Padron Family Reserves at a great price on Ebay and I almost bought it, but I didn't. If they weren't taken care of properly or it was a 'sealed' box with no cigars in there, I'm sure his rating would reflect that.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The only problem I can see is the actual cigars being cracked inside of the sealed package. The 22 set tends to have wrapper damage to the top or bottom during shiping movement. Ive had about 2 sets with damage from shipping. Either way congrats on your purchase and find.
    bump. just wondering if there is an update on this. was pretty interested in the out come.
    still waiting seller did not put any shipping/tracking info. ebay automated delivery info states to expect delivery between 10/7-10/14.
    Cool was just checking.
    no wonder I didn't see my purchase yet the customer sent it certifide
    So got my purchase this morning whet to work two hrs late to get it, looks great. Its been opened but I don't care all the kids look healthy not wrapper issues that I could see under quick inspection. Pics tonight.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on that, glad it all worked all well for you. Was tempted by a couple things on there but never took the gamble. Looking forward to the pics.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    wow those look rough..
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    NightHawk:
    wow those look rough..
    +1 are those full of plume? Any of them salvageable?
    PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketAs a bonus the seller sent a Dandoff because of a quick payment..Real nice guy.
    shamrocked:
    LOL glad I got my box before seeing that. Those are so old the box has plume.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    looks great! enjoy those.
    lcpleel:
    looks great! enjoy those.
    package to u thursday.