Home Cigar 101
Options

New humidor=New humidification device

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
I am upgrading my humidor to 120 ct and wondered what the preferred humidifiers you guys used.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    as of late i have been using Xikar humidity jars. they take up very little room and they are inexpensive while still holding a solid RH. also they are rechargeable to a degree.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Heartfelt beads.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    +1 on the beads!!! I got beads and never looked back!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    You've NEVER looked back? What if two women were scissoring behind you... huh??? Think about that?
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Lasabar:
    jr_p951:
    You've NEVER looked back? What if two women were scissoring behind you... huh??? Think about that?
    You live up to your reputation well sir. Beads and women scissoring.... you dirty man... LMAO!
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Sorry. Back on subject, when I get home I plan on using beads because I think the majority of individuals here said they work great.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I took the stock humidifier, removed the foam pad, and replace it with beads. Works great.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Beads have never let me down. Never ever ever.
  • Options
    With beads where do I find them and how much would I need for a 120 count humidor? My searches aren't coming up great.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Heartfelt Industries (google it) - I'd get a 4oz tube and be done with it - you won't regret it.
    They come charged, so just put it in your humi.
    You might even only need a 2oz tube - there is a "calculator" page which tells you how much you need, based on the sq.in. volume of your humi.

• Options
    would 65% or 70% be best?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    would 65% or 70% be best?
    .. I use 70 for my regular sticks and the 65 for ones I want to rest for a longer time. ( A year Plus )
  • Options
    Do I need to buy anything to recharge these?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Do I need to buy anything to recharge these?
    .. Heartfelt Beads are re-charged with distilled water.. 99 cent a gallon at nearly any grocery store.
  • Options
    Oh, I can get that! So no cigar juice in these then?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do NOT charge my beads. I use 65% beads, dry, and put a small bowl (like a custard cup) with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of distilled water in the humidor near the beads. I then let the beads do what they're designed to do. When my RH gets above 65%, I remove the bowl. End of lesson.