Home Non Cigar Related
Options

ESPN pulls 'Monday Night Football' intro -hank jr-booted

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Is the guy an idiot for saying something this dmb (Godwin's law, to boot)? Yes
    Should his great song be pulled? No
    Would I like to see the some kind of reaction on MSNBC when someone in Obama's inner circle, say Stephen Chu or Joe Biden, says something as dumb? Yes

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    ESPN's really showing support for amendment numero uno here. Well, they are owned by Disney. I suppose uncle Adolf comments don't really fit into their squeaky clean image very well.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I expected to go see something earth shattering, was that it? You have to be kidding me. I call him worse than that every week. Hank has more money than he could ever spend and apparently doesn't care what any of them think.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Another pefect example of why singers, actors, ect. should stick to their day job and allow commentating on politics for those who get paid to do it or wanna blog in their personal time. While I think the comments were moronic (no surpise there right, lol), no one gives a $hit about them during a football game. People (self included) would watch and listen if they talked that way during the game----because like most fans I just wanna see the f'ing game and dont care too much about the bull$hit they spout off. Hell, its no worse than hearing Jaworskis mouth for 3.5 hrs anyway. Plus he feels the same way that roughly 60% of the southern states electorate does anyway....so if he wouldve just thrown n!gger in there too they may have had to promote him to guest announcer.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    The media's already done a great job spinning this. I love how they pander to the stupid and misinformed. How you can listen or read the comment, and somehow get "Hank Williams Jr. compares Barack Obama to Hitler" out of it just baffles me.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    The media's already done a great job spinning this. I love how they pander to the stupid and misinformed. How you can listen or read the comment, and somehow get "Hank Williams Jr. compares Barack Obama to Hitler" out of it just baffles me.
    +1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I saw this on T.V. this morning and he didn't do himself any favors by not explaining his comment before/afterwards.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    He also just did the "oops, Im sorry" thingy......I hate that ****. If you got a dumb thing to say and mean it----stick to it. Just cause it costs you money doesnt mean you need to go back on how you feel. Perhaps what it does mean though is that you shoiuld just STFU about things you have no need to be commenting on.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if the media leads people into saying dumbass things like that, knowing they will have fodder for the evening news. I saw this one coming early in the interview.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Whatever,,, Totally taken out of context and spun.. Unfortunate for HW but I gotta say I loved the Rap off between the fuhrer and darth vader, IMO the fuhrer won.. In Contrast I think Abe Lincoln won over Chuck norris.. I expected more from Gandalf and dumbldor they both lost.. So now I 'd like to see a rap off between Abe and Adolf
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Too bad Bush wasn't in office he would've gotten some job offers.