Home General Discussion

Good ole bonfires

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Just shared a gar with my dad outside at our bonfire. Great night. I finally finished a Nub too. Kindof odd how Ive had 4 of them and each has always sucked bad except for tonight.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    JSaint:
    Just shared a gar with my dad outside at our bonfire. Great night. I finally finished a Nub too. Kindof odd how Ive had 4 of them and each has always sucked bad except for tonight.

Maybe it was the company of your dad that made it so much better .
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good cigar is only made great when the company it is enjoyed with is equally as great.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    It could be that but I think the others may have been duds but hey! still was a great night hangin with my pops.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    It could be that but I think the others may have been duds but hey! still was a great night hangin with my pops.
    +1 I have enjoyed each nub I've had, but the important part here is time well spent with your father.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    JSaint:
    It was meant to be!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome man. Nothing like quality family time and a good stogie!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cool man, I wish I'd have had a chance to share a stick with my Father before he passed on. I think he'd have really enjoyed the expierence.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    That's awesome man, I always wished to do this, but my father and father-in-law hate cigars, oh well maybe years from now I will be the father smoking with my boy.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    CvilleE:
    JSaint:
    +1 I have enjoyed each nub I've had, but the important part here is time well spent with your father.
    +2 just wished my old man smoked with me, would be some great quality time since hes getting up there in years.
    ShotgunJohn:
    That's awesome man, I always wished to do this, but my father and father-in-law hate cigars, oh well maybe years from now I will be the father smoking with my boy.
    I hope for that too. Good time to recollect and just small talk.
    Rhamlin:
    That's cool man, I wish I'd have had a chance to share a stick with my Father before he passed on. I think he'd have really enjoyed the expierence.
    Sad to hear brother. I wanted to share one with my grandfather before he left us but never had the chance to ask.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    JSaint:

Maybe it was the company of your dad that made it so much better .
    I have to agree, I had a gar with my old man last time I saw him, and it was one of the best I had smoked in some time, even though what I had burned was just about an everyday gar for me