Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel Summer 2008

2»

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

gmill880:
    Looks like C.COM has the Rockey Patel summer collection 08 on clearance at some really good prices. Go to the home page and click on sales and then clearance ,,,looks like a cool deal for you guys that like them ...

are these the same as you guys are talking about?

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Summer is different from the Winter, if that is what you mean. I'm surprised they are selling them for such a price, I though the Summer was a bigger hit than something you'd see on clearance. I liked it, but not enough to buy a box.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

j0z3r:
    The Summer is different from the Winter, if that is what you mean. I'm surprised they are selling them for such a price, I though the Summer was a bigger hit than something you'd see on clearance. I liked it, but not enough to buy a box.

Yea I knew they were diff than the winter but just wondered if they were the same summer smokes you guys were talking about. I thought they were pretty well regarded to be so cheap and on a clearance sale.....

• Options
    Sorry Gene, I forgot the thread was originally about the Summer, not the Winter. :) I was surprised by that too, I thought it was good, not great, but certainly not a clearance item.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea my local B&M is clearancing them too. It was an intentional seasonal item by RP, its not something he is continuing to make so its probably about time to blow them out.

More interesting to me is that Ccom has it listed as a Sumatra which it most definetly is not. Its a Habano wrapper with a Cameroon binder. That hurts my faith in Ccom's info. This is the 2nd time I've seen them list a cigar as a Sumatra when it is not. I'm trying to remember what the other one was.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    my local cigar bar is actually doing a buy one get one free. I wonder if he is coming out with something new for Summer 2009 and that's why everyone is trying to get rid of them so fast...or they might just suck.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    I wonder if he is coming out with something new for Summer 2009 and that's why everyone is trying to get rid of them so fast...or they might just suck.
    They definetly don't suck. I have heard his plan was to do this every year.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    Yea my local B&M is clearancing them too. It was an intentional seasonal item by RP, its not something he is continuing to make so its probably about time to blow them out.

More interesting to me is that Ccom has it listed as a Sumatra which it most definetly is not. Its a Habano wrapper with a Cameroon binder. That hurts my faith in Ccom's info. This is the 2nd time I've seen them list a cigar as a Sumatra when it is not. I'm trying to remember what the other one was.

Hey Maddy. I copied this from another site regarding these sticks...Origin: Nicaragua
    Length/Ring: 5? x 50
    Shape: Robusto
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Grown Wrapper from Sumatra Seed
  • Options
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

Hey Maddy. I copied this from another site regarding these sticks...Origin: Nicaragua
    Length/Ring: 5? x 50
    Shape: Robusto
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Grown Wrapper from Sumatra Seed
    Thats odd. According to the info that was given to us from Rocky at the release event I went to at my local B&M it was a Habano wrapper and Cameroon binder. Maybe I'm misunderstanding somethign about the relationship between Sumatra and Habano.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    You're not.. that info is incorrect as well. I've seen it listed as an EcSu at a couple places, and as an Ecuadorian-grown Cuban-seed wrapper at many more places. Unfortunately, I saw it as EcSu on here, and when somebody blabbed about the sale yesterday, I snatched a couple up on that limited info. They did get good reviews here as well, so I doubt I'll be disappointed, but the EcSu was the deal-maker for me. Ah, well.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    You're not.. that info is incorrect as well. I've seen it listed as an EcSu at a couple places, and as an Ecuadorian-grown Cuban-seed wrapper at many more places. Unfortunately, I saw it as EcSu on here, and when somebody blabbed about the sale yesterday, I snatched a couple up on that limited info. They did get good reviews here as well, so I doubt I'll be disappointed, but the EcSu was the deal-maker for me. Ah, well.
    It is a very good cigar, full bodied and spicy though. Might not quite be up your alley yet.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    It is a very good cigar, full bodied and spicy though. Might not quite be up your alley yet.
    I'll sit on them for a while... if I don't like 'em, people around here do.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    That is one of my favorite smokes. I've still yet to try the Autumn but the Summer is excellent, spicy and full bodied. Habano wrapper with a cameroon binder.
    so madster, ccom has a great deal on these summer sticks, would you say it's close to the 90 or other rp blends? I'm asking because it looks tasty but the 90 is really the only stick I like from the line, well I haven't had the 99...
  • Options
    I wouldn't say it is anywhere close to the Vintage lines in taste. If anything, it is closer to the OWR corojo or Edge corojo in terms of taste...that's what I think anyway, wonder what some other guys think.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    That is one of my favorite smokes. I've still yet to try the Autumn but the Summer is excellent, spicy and full bodied. Habano wrapper with a cameroon binder.
    so madster, ccom has a great deal on these summer sticks, would you say it's close to the 90 or other rp blends? I'm asking because it looks tasty but the 90 is really the only stick I like from the line, well I haven't had the 99...
    No offense Joe but I have to disagree with you paritally. First I don't care for the RP OWR's. While I agree with you that the Summer doesn't taste anythign like the Vintage's I also don't think it tastes anything like the OWRs. The closest cigar in his regular rotation that I can compare it to is the Sun Grown but its still a bit different than that. Its a fairly unique and interesting cigar.
  • Options
    I get ya, no offense taken. I didn't actually mean to say it tasted like the OWR or the Edge, all I meant was the taste was more along the lines of the Edge or OWR than it was along the lines of the Vintages. Does that make more sense?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I get ya, no offense taken. I didn't actually mean to say it tasted like the OWR or the Edge, all I meant was the taste was more along the lines of the Edge or OWR than it was along the lines of the Vintages. Does that make more sense?
    I smell ya. I can agree with that. Still think its closest to the sun grown.
  • Options
    That I can't speak to...I haven't had a Sun Grown for a good while.