Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cain Maduro

Anyone else experiencing problems with Cain 6x60 maduro. I have purchased several boxes from different lots. 60% experiencing cracking and bursting while smoking.They are stored at 70% at room temp between 68-70 degrees.

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Humidity swings are often the culprit in cracking of wrappers. Even if you store your cigars perfectly when you take them out to smoke them huge differences in humidity can take a toll IMO. I am also not a big fan of 70% RH. I prefer my sticks in the 65% or even a little lower.
  • Options
    TKE174TKE174 Posts: 4
    thank you for the reply i'll try reducing the RH
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    TKE174:
    thank you for the reply i'll try reducing the RH
    Try "dry boxing". Take the stick out 3-5 hours befor you want to smoke it and let it rest outside your humi. Works for me.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i haven't seen this but yeah, check humidity and try keeping it around 67rh. also, if you just got them, let them rest at least a week.

are you a Teke?
  • Options
    TKE174TKE174 Posts: 4
    Yes Mu Eta
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    cool. I am not TKE but I get to hang in Indianapolis with all the TKE's at the Indy 500. what a great group of guys.
  • Options
    A follow up to my post. I contacted Olivia Cigars with my problem.their customer service is out standing. They stand behind their product 110%.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I always seem to have issues with any 60gage sticks especially if they are box pressed. I just quit buying anything over 56gage. Maybe I'm storing em wrong but I always seem to get burn problems with them.