Home Non Cigar Related
Options

computer issues

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
so... all of a sudden, the keyboard on my lap top stopped working today. the touch pad still works, but i cant log in to see whats messed up. nothing spilled on it. i dont remember jostling it. any ideas on what went on here?

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Can you hook a USB keyboard up to it?
  • Options
    one is on the way. right now i am on an old computer that doesnt have a USB keyboad.
    at least i still have access to the internet in the meantime.
    still ruined my afternoon.
    ill give it another shot... maybe there was some moisture that somehow got in but im not sure how.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Diamondog:
    Yeah hook up a usb keyboard if that works, then check your device manager, Right click My computer > Manage > Device Manager. Any yellow or red x's? If no, then your internal cable has been disconnected or keyboard has died (rare). Need to take apart your laptop and check cable. If red x's, right click the device and make sure it is not disabled. If disabled, you should be able to enable. Let me know if that helps. Regards, Bryan
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Close it and shake it violently. That's what I do. Doesn't fix it, but I feel better...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    **** is conductive
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cabinetmaker:
    Close it and shake it violently. That's what I do. Doesn't fix it, but I feel better...

Above fix also works well on hippies ... just sayin .
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If you're running windows, there are some diagnostics that you can install and run: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258826
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Lasabar:
    **** is conductive
    Thats just horrible... LOL
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Lasabar:
    **** is conductive
    LMAO!!! Been spending a lil too much time over on the Daily Hottie thread kuz? :-D

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Diamondog:
    Yeah hook up a usb keyboard if that works, then check your device manager, Right click My computer > Manage > Device Manager. Any yellow or red x's? If no, then your internal cable has been disconnected or keyboard has died (rare). Need to take apart your laptop and check cable. If red x's, right click the device and make sure it is not disabled. If disabled, you should be able to enable. Let me know if that helps. Regards, Bryan
    + 1 I agree, I have almost never seen a laptop keyboard die, but I have had to plug in the cable because of it getting unseated.
  • Options
    they keyboard did die. there is a small shot it can be fixed. will work on it tomorrow and tell you all how it went. if it doesnt work it is at least under warranty and it is covered, iive already checked. they said its very rare but this model has had "a few more than usual"
    i feel lucky.
    damnit.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Lasabar:
    **** is conductive
    LMAO!!! Been spending a lil too much time over on the Daily Hottie thread kuz? :-D

That's not how Kuz rolls.... He probably saw some super rare cigar with a now extinct wrapper on it that has been documented and aged in a monastery for the past 13 years and they monks have no concept of money so he got them by working the zen garden for a hour and by cooking for the monks for a weekend