Home General Discussion

New Humidor damaged

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so I just got home from the boat. Was really psyched about my new 300ct humi. That I got from one of the bid sites. As soon as I saw the box my heart sank. Big dent in the box and the top was open. It's easy to see it was dropped. I open the top and the styrofoam is all busted. I pull out the cabinet and look it over the cabinet looked fine. I pull out the drawer to get all the parts out and I see the back is off. After looking over the drawer I find another crack. So now I'm really getting bummed out. So I call the company and to my surprise they say they'll send me out a replacement and it should ship out tomorrow or Friday. I thought about just gluing the back on but I was worried about it not being able to hold it's humidity because of unseen damage. BTW it's a great looking piece.

Comments

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Glad the company squared away the problems, got any pictures?
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Rotten luck but at least the company that you got it from is getting you a replacement. If you get some time pop a picture or two up =)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully the replacement will be in good shape. It pisses me off when shipping companies fu@k up packages because they just care that it is delivered and don't care about what shape it arrives.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That sucks! I hope they get it fixed for you in a timely manner brother. I can imagine how disappointing that must be
    Yeah it was a real bummer. I got home feeling like a kid on Christmas morning then I saw the box.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me guess,, UPS
    Yup. Good guess.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Weird. Usually Chinese furniture is better made than that. Or am I thinking Vietnamese?
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    jj20030:
    let me guess,, UPS
    I don't think he was guessing... lol
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    jj20030:
    let me guess,, UPS
    I don't think he was guessing... lol EDIT: Sorry... computer froze. didn't show it posted. Tried to delete... time limit?