Home General Discussion

Cigar Photo Blog

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Guys as some of you know I've been getting into photography. More specifically cigar photography. Well in chatting with Hannibal about my pics and whatnot I came up with an idea about doing a 1 photo 1 cigar a day blog called The Daily Cigar. Each day I will be posting a new cigar, a short bio and why it was chosen to be that days cigar and a picture taken by me of the cigar. If you have some free time check it out and let me know what you think, link below. If any of you who like it would like to see a cigar featured on a certain day just hit me up and let me know what it is and when and we will make it happen. Thanks guys!

http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Awesome. Sounds like a heller idea. Btw the photo of the diesel is not coming up.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a great idea. i will be checking it out
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    t_evan50:
    Awesome. Sounds like a heller idea. Btw the photo of the diesel is not coming up.
    Fixed. I had moved the photo and forgot to update the link. Thanks Troy!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    nice work man, and you couldn't have picked a better cigar to start with. The UHC is one of my all time favorites, and your right on when you say it never dissappoints. I've spent a lot of time thinking with the UHC as my only companion over the last 2-3 years.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Following this blog.

• amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Cool, very nice pic. Just got into photography myself a couple months ago. It's another one of those addicting hobbies. Trying to save up for a macro lens now. The thing I'm having the hardest time with is the creative aspect. I'm more of a left sided brain person.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool site I bookmarked it but I couldn't get you on photobucket.
  • you should do one on tumblr too. seems to be a lack of cigar blogs on there.
    Rhamlin:
    Cool site I bookmarked it but I couldn't get you on photobucket.
    that's strange but I posted a new link. It stopped working for me too. Thanks for the heads up man!
    amz1301:
    Cool, very nice pic. Just got into photography myself a couple months ago. It's another one of those addicting hobbies. Trying to save up for a macro lens now. The thing I'm having the hardest time with is the creative aspect. I'm more of a left sided brain person.
    Thanks! I'm trying to learn like crazy lol it's extremely addicting but it's very relaxing as well.
    Teaser for tomorrow. It'll be a Steve Jobs memorial...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Added a link to your page on my site. Looks great. Will be checking it on the regular!
  • Cool idea E.. Gonna keep my eye on it
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way cool Eli! Really nice stuff and a great idea! Keep it up Fearless Leader!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks guys!
    docbp87:
    Added a link to your page on my site. Looks great. Will be checking it on the regular!
    Doc I really appreciate it brother! I'm adding one to yours onto mine. WBFiller needs one on mine as well!
    Today's post is up. RIP Steve Jobs
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    you should put a link to your blog in your signature.
    415:
    you should put a link to your blog in your signature.
    Wow can't believe I didn't even think of that....lol Thanks Kevin!
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I like the blog idea. Nice job.
    It seems that many of us like our photography hobby. Maybe we should start a thread on photography and share tips/pics and of course, enjoy a cigar while doing it.

camgfs:
    I like the blog idea. Nice job.
    It seems that many of us like our photography hobby. Maybe we should start a thread on photography and share tips/pics and of course, enjoy a cigar while doing it.

Thanks! That's a really good idea. I smell a new thread in the non-cigar related coming
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    officially following. love the pics. put more up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there will be a new one tomorrow Dennis! lol Thanks brother appreciate the support!
    I already have tomorrow's picked out as Oct 7th will always have a special meaning to me..........
    Done. Thanks Jhewey
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    i like the second one
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Retweeted by Pete Johnson you little devil!
    Lasabar:
    Retweeted by Pete Johnson you little devil!
    Pete, Matt Booth, Drew Estate, and Dave from Oliva have all been more than awesome and hooked me up with a retweet. Now if I could only get a retweet from the one and only Lassie I'd be set!
    JHewey:
    i like the second one
    Thanks brother!
    http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/2011/10/oct-11th-2011-5-vegas-classic.html

today's blog is very special to me! It's a General Chesty Puller memorial post.......