Home Non Cigar Related
Options

oilfield boom south texas anyone looking for work

Comments

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know the article was in april but i hear it is just a booming in that area still today, welders, etc,,, 90 hours a week, truck drivers etc,,
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The Marcellus shale deposits are starting to boom as well. WV has approved it IIRC, PA has given the go-ahead, and NY initially resisted until they saw how much they could make in taxes, so they've started green-lighting some projects as well. Last I heard, Royal Dutch was cleared to start exploring for oil off Alaska's coast. If you work in the oil/gas industry, there's rumblings of a new awakening with natural gas and oil deposits on the horizon all over the country.

Not to drag politics into it, but if a Republican wins the election, chances are they'll push more oil/gas exploration through, more exploration and drilling permits will be granted, and more jobs in the industry
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup and i know one thing, in the last few years there are less and less of skilled craftsmen to fill these postions now would be a great time for teens to get into a trades school, welding etc,,
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    The Marcellus shale deposits are starting to boom as well. WV has approved it IIRC, PA has given the go-ahead, and NY initially resisted until they saw how much they could make in taxes, so they've started green-lighting some projects as well. Last I heard, Royal Dutch was cleared to start exploring for oil off Alaska's coast. If you work in the oil/gas industry, there's rumblings of a new awakening with natural gas and oil deposits on the horizon all over the country.

Not to drag politics into it, but if a Republican wins the election, chances are they'll push more oil/gas exploration through, more exploration and drilling permits will be granted, and more jobs in the industry
    Yay, and more wonderful water and air for us people. Amazing how this horrible form of fuel is still being pushed so much. There are a lot of other things that ... wait for it.... wait... don't kill people and ruin our water and air. oh my, what a concept. And not that texas could use any cleaner air, I mean it's hella bad.