Home Ratings & Reviews

La Gloria Cubana Series N

Whoa what a nasty cigar. My local BM gave me one the other day to try. I had to put it out about 10 mins into it. Tasted like the smell of hay and cow manure (seriously!! my mother has 4 horses and their manure smelled better than the cigar taste). Probably the worst cigar I have ever tasted.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that man, may just be a bad stick as those do happen from time to time. Hopefully that was the case, if you have more might want to let them rest and see if it can absorb some of the cedar taste and mellow out, if not I'm sure that there are many BORKs on here that would want to trade for them. Different strokes for different folks right? Regardless sorry that it was that "sh1tty" for you my man. --Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    What ! I had one yesterday, It had a strong aroma that I would relate to burning leaves, but not manure. Mine did have a few months on it though, so I can't compare it to a fresher one.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    It may have been. HA! I will try things twice. :)
  • MessickMessick Posts: 86
    I had one the other day with several months of rest. I thought it was OK, not great, but ok. I do think that the draw is a litttle tight for my liking.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow I have smoked about 15 of these and they have all been consistent and very tasty. They are medium-full bodied and are very earthy/espresso/unsweetened cocoa/woodsy with a hint of must. I think you may have had a bad stick.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Wow I have smoked about 15 of these and they have all been consistent and very tasty. They are medium-full bodied and are very earthy/espresso/unsweetened cocoa/woodsy with a hint of must. I think you may have had a bad stick.
    on the very rare occasion i have a cigar that has a horrible taste that others seem to love i will try and take the time to dissect it. often times ill find a big tobacco twig or something else in there that shouldnt be.

though they are high quality sticks, they are also hand made and people do make mistakes. things get through. i am also quick to give cigars a second try.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ShotgunJohn:
    on the very rare occasion i have a cigar that has a horrible taste that others seem to love i will try and take the time to dissect it. often times ill find a big tobacco twig or something else in there that shouldnt be.

though they are high quality sticks, they are also hand made and people do make mistakes. things get through. i am also quick to give cigars a second try.
    this happened to me while smoking a nica libre, it scarred me for life...still can't smoke those cigars till this day. lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    kuzi16:
    ShotgunJohn:

Now I really wish I dissected it. That's going to keep me wondering what was wrong with the stick.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to a bum stick. I love when my cigars smell like **** (pre-light) but tasting like **** is another story. Don't believe I have ever experienced that and hope I never do. Hopefully the rest work out better for you.
  • Don't know what happened with the stick you had, but i found this stick very enjoyable. Perhaps it was burning to hot or had some other imperfection.