Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A Song of Ice and Fire series

Anyone read/is reading this series? I'm on the second book right now, A Clash of Kings, and it is REALLY good. Anyone who's read them or is reading them post here on your thoughts about the series.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    There has been some discussion. I'm currently 75% through book 5 and really enjoying the series.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Definitely love this series. I've read the first 4 books, and think they are fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of most fantasy literature written any time recently (just way too much of the same poorly written crap written by some lonely neckbeard fanfic **** off in his mom's basement with a stack of AD&D reference books under his pillow...) but I think these are a worthy heir to the crown held by mythopeoias like The Wheel of Time and Middle Earth series.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Hey thanks for the info, I have been looking for a new series, I am currently reading the "Deathgate Cycle" books. I am currently on book 4 of 7.
    The books are ok but sometimes under developed or predictable, but they have entertaining moments also.