Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My new Humi

Wife finally sent me a picture of my new humidor.... Can't wait to start stocking it!

Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Lookin good.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Looks good bro.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Very nice! I ordered a humi while deployed before. I gave my wife simple directions on seasoning. Talked to her and gave her specific directions at every step. She did an excellent job! I was purchasing boxes and she was stashing them away until I came home!! I vote you use that thing! Work with the wife and have is seasoned up! That deployed paycheck is good and what better time to stock a nice new humi with your favorite smokes!! Tell her it's a welcome home gift to yourself!
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    jr_p951:
    Very nice! I ordered a humi while deployed before. I gave my wife simple directions on seasoning. Talked to her and gave her specific directions at every step. She did an excellent job! I was purchasing boxes and she was stashing them away until I came home!! I vote you use that thing! Work with the wife and have is seasoned up! That deployed paycheck is good and what better time to stock a nice new humi with your favorite smokes!! Tell her it's a welcome home gift to yourself!
    LOL. That's awesome. I would let her do it, but I want to experience and get some hands on training. Never done it before, only read. If I can hold out this long, I figured I can hold out a little while longer and shop around while it's seasoning. =0)
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    nice humi bass....congrats....by the way I may have missed it, but how much longer do you have before returning home?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That looks very nice, good choice
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    nice humi bass....congrats....by the way I may have missed it, but how much longer do you have before returning home?
    i'll say between 30-50 days.... can't give specifics, but needless to say i'm very excited!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    That looks very nice, good choice
    Thanks! I'm a visual guy, so I think think one will do just fine.... till i get a coolidor ;0)
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Looks very nice! I love display style humis.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking into buying that exact humi, looks KILLER buddy!! Have fun getting it up and going and come home safe! PM me your addy once home, I've got a thank you for what you've done package once you land staeside! Thanks man and be well! --Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Good looking humidor. She is calling out " FILL ME!" haha
  • Options
    RampMonkey:
    Good looking humidor. She is calling out " FILL ME!" haha
    Tell me about it! I can't wait!
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the humi, had one of those myself before and it will hold a ton of cigars. One small tip to maximize storage space is that you can raise the lowest shelf off the floor by moving the pegs higher and use the floor as a fourth shelf. They are also meant to be inverted (pegs lower in the front/higher in the back) so you can see the cigars but keeping them flat allows for more space and if it is packed to the gills you'll still se them anyway :) You won't believe how many cigars this thing will hold by setting it up in this fashion, much more than the 75 it advertises, more like 300+! You can basically turn it in to a tall foot-locker that has shelves. That was one of my favorite past humis and a darn good value considering how much it can hold. The only downside was my seal was a bit weak but nothing a little extra humidification media wouldn't fix; was using beads then and just drilled some small holes in a CAO Brazila tubos, one on each level and it was A-ok. Have fun filling her up and thank-you for your service!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Very nice man!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Love the whole set up there... now just take those laundry baskets out and build a bar in that area below the counter there... great lookin humi!
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    nice setup you have going there!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    CvilleE:
    i'll say between 30-50 days.... can't give specifics, but needless to say i'm very excited!
    Your a double digit midget!!!!Whoohooo..Congrats on the humi..
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Love the whole set up there... now just take those laundry baskets out and build a bar in that area below the counter there... great lookin humi!
    LOL. I wish! I don't think this is where the humi will actually rest because it's in the laundry room where the temp gets higher. That and who wants their cigars to smell like dirty socks? LOL.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Man you will have a good time filling that baby up!
  • Options
    Very nice. i bought one myself a couple years ago, never could fit very many so i did this to it: imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage its a shame its not a display like that anymore but im pretty happy with it now
  • Options
    VERY NICE! I like that. Who knows, maybe i'll have to do the same!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    acsamples79 - nice modification man! That looks great. So do some of those sticks you've got in there. If you ever run out of room I could probably hold a few for you. Disclaimer - I cannot be held responsible for any 'fire' damage to said sticks ;-)
  • Options
    thanks! it definitely made me alot happier. unfortunately alot of those sticks have already suffered from fire damage :D those are pretty old pics.. she is gettin a little full now though. ill have to keep you in mind if i have any issues! ;)