Options

Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    MrGreenMachine:
    bigharpoon:
    Of all the dark corojos I've smoked I always have a hard time keeping the wrapper burning well. Seems like they need constant touch-ups. I've got some more getting older and hopefully that helps because I really like the flavors, I'm just easily frustrated with high maintenance burns.

I had the same trouble with the Dark Corojos. Dry boxing overnight helped quite a bit. Unfortunately you had to plan when you wanted to smoke one. Just for reference I keep my cooler at 65 % so it's not RH.
    Also keep in mind with these sticks in particular, that they have about 75% ligero tobacco in em. Makes for a nice kick, but doesn't lend well to combustion. Between that and the super oily wrappers they tend to have, I can see where folks could run in to burn issues.

I keep mine in the cello, in the top of my cooler (which is set at 65%rh, but may actually be a little higher than that because they are in one of the top drawers, and humidity rises, or so I've heard) and I've never had an issue with em. I do tend to take a good solid minute to toast the foot to make sure everything gets off to a good, even start.

there are lots of things that can affect a cigar's burn, but with these, I'd chalk it up to an oily wrapper and tons of ligero.