Home Non Cigar Related

Job interveiw tomorrow

So I am interveiwing for a manager job with waffle house tomorrow. Not my dream job, but the pay is great. Would start out at $32000 and after 3 months training would be moved to my own store (take 3 months tops most likely 3 weeks after training) Then the pay moves up to $45000 with a chance of making $60000 if I hit all the 3 month bonus marks. After about a year I could move up to another job in the company. Guy I talked to today makes $90000 and has worked there 3 years.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I seriously don't understand how places like this make that much.
    Buddy of mine is the same way and he works at Papa Johns dude pulls six figures.
    Sometimes I think I shoulda had less ambition lol

Anywho... I'm happy for you man, and I wish you the best.
    I hope you make far more than is expected.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck with the interview. I hope it works out for you. Important thing is to keep punching and things will work out.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Damm. Good for you brother. Long hours and hard work are rewarded. I always look for Waffle House while traveling. There are none near my house though.
    kaspera79:
    Damm. Good for you brother. Long hours and hard work are rewarded. I always look for Waffle House while traveling. There are none near my house though.
    I was in Mississippi and they have Huddle House's. I love me my Waffle house.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Best of luck brother!
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Good luck man, I hope everything works out for you.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Good luck on the interview. I hope it goes well for you.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great opportunity, and good luck brother!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck brother. A 90,000$ salary after only 3 years is pretty damn good. I once had a buddy I used to tease cuz he was a dominoes delivery man. Last time I talked to him about 10 years ago he owned 2 stores. Sometimes those big chained restraunts can lead to big rewards because they prefer to promote from within.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck brother.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck. I'm sure you will do just fine. Shooting a prayer your way.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Ross!

"Long ashes my friends."

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    good luck Ross . There is a waffle house on the other side of the road from my dealership that I could prob hit with a rock from our parking lot . Definitly could with a slingshot ...... for you younger guys a slingshot is a ..... just kidding !!!
    I used to call those wrist rockets....SOOOOO, how did the interview go?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Best of luck brother, praying you get the job.
  • Went OK. Got another tomorrow. Then I will work a store for a weekend and see if its a fit.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Certainly wishing you the best of luck. How's your cigar supply?
    Show them what you got brother.. I'll be thinking about you.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    stephen_hannibal:
    Buddy of mine is the same way and he works at Papa Johns dude pulls six figures.

+1. Why the F did I bother getting a degree again???

Best of luck Ross, hope its a slam dunk for you brother! Always good for the soul to see good things happen to good people.

• The Sniper:
    stephen_hannibal:

+1. Why the F did I bother getting a degree again???

Best of luck Ross, hope its a slam dunk for you brother! Always good for the soul to see good things happen to good people.

Yeah I know. I don't even know why I got my degree. Part of me is like do I really want to work for WH and have a name badge for the rest of my life. Then I was talking to the district manager today and he was like "I have a big house, no debt, paid 2 kids through college with no debt, and have been given enought stock in WH to walk out the door today an never work again. Not bad for 19 years"
    For a manager after 3 years they give you 10% of you wages for the last 3 years as company stock. Then 5% each year after that.
  • Lakota72:
    Certainly wishing you the best of luck. How's your cigar supply?
    Supply is getting low, but I plan on getting a box of 5V 2011s as soon as I for sure have the job. I can make it till then.
  • Ok so just got a call from the HR guy at WH. I didn't get the job. Part of todays interveiw was a 392 question test. A single adjective came up and you had to as if you strong agreed, agreed, don't know, disagreed, strong disagreed. This was the part I failed on. I guess I should have strongly agreed more, or less.

We the right thing will come up soon. Just a little bummed. It was all go and I got my mind wrapped around working for WH then just like that it was gone. Oh well.
    Is that some sort of personality test.. Well, sorry that your plans fell through. I hope another offer presents itself very soon.
  • kaspera79:
    Is that some sort of personality test.. Well, sorry that your plans fell through. I hope another offer presents itself very soon.
    Yip I don't have the WH personality it seems ;-) I also have all my teeth so maybe it was that.
    PM your address. Don't make me hunt for it.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Sorry to here this Ross. I was looking forward to knowing there maybe a waffle house out there fit to eat in. Oh well Denny's it is. LOL. Im sure you'll find what ur lookin for.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    oh man, sorry to hear it ross. I was hoping there would be once decent waffle house out there to eat in. Must have been the teeth thing u mentioned!

"Long ashes my friends."

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We are disappointed along with you bro. You would have been an asset for them.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sorry Ross .
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    rossdavey2:
    Yip I don't have the WH personality it seems ;-) I also have all my teeth so maybe it was that.
    LMAO!!! Sorry to hear this one didnt come thru for you brother, but over the years Ive found the old addage "One door has to close for another to open" is very true. Im sure something even better is coming around the corner for you soon.