Home Non Cigar Related
Options

So at work today

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
I helped a customer out with a computer we took it up to Geek Squad to get it set up and after he leaves they started working on it. One of the techs opened it up and turned to me confused. The thing had no power supply! Thought it was a defect at first but nope. Turns out this computer now runs on a charger just like a laptop. Its a desktop! WTF. We opened it up and I almost fell over laughing. Oh HP what are you doing? Photobucket
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, never seen anything like that.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    JSaint:
    I helped a customer out with a computer we took it up to Geek Squad to get it set up and after he leaves they started working on it. One of the techs opened it up and turned to me confused. The thing had no power supply! Thought it was a defect at first but nope. Turns out this computer now runs on a charger just like a laptop. Its a desktop! WTF. We opened it up and I almost fell over laughing. Oh HP what are you doing? Photobucket

It has been years since I last built (or even owned) a desktop, but what the heck???
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    WOW..... I just don't know what to say...
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Its pretty sad. Oh well I still need to sell em lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    That's a pretty weak PC. A tiny motherboard, no dedicated graphics and all you have on the processor is a heat sink.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Knoxca1:
    That's a pretty weak PC. A tiny motherboard, no dedicated graphics and all you have on the processor is a heat sink.
    WOW!!!! that is one of the saddest things I have ever seen.
    Disposable PC lol.

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow what a pile of junk, it almost seems to be a waste of parts and labor.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Not the only ones that are that way now. We have some Lenovo PC's that drive 40" monitors hanging from the ceiling, they also use a laptop type power brick. In one way it makes some sense, as it keeps a heat source outside of the box.