Home General Discussion
Options

Thanks DD

Diamond I just wanted to thank you for the cigar I smoked Friday night. I was at a Fuente Event and Dinner and had already smoked 4 cigars, Opus Power Ranger, Flying Pig and the face where 3 of the 4, After dinner I decided to smoke a God of Fire Carlito 2006 and I have to say I think this was the best cigar I have ever Smoked it was such a phenomenal smoke, and I had to Thank DD because if it wasn't for him I would not have had that cigar to smoke.

Thanks DD

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Awesome man, always a great moment when you smoke a cigar that one considers the best they've had!
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    sounds like a great night. MMMM God of Fire carlito
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Thats a line-up I can only imagine!! And at the Fuente Event and Dinner to boot! That whole exerience had to be amazing!! Now that you've set the bar, it'll never be that same reaching it!
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    jr_p951:
    Thats a line-up I can only imagine!! And at the Fuente Event and Dinner to boot! That whole exerience had to be amazing!! Now that you've set the bar, it'll never be that same reaching it!
    HaHa Ya, The only thing is I will need to try and find some more 06's, the only ones at my shop are 07's. Has anyone had the 06 and 07? if so how did they compare.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    jr_p951:
    HaHa Ya, The only thing is I will need to try and find some more 06's, the only ones at my shop are 07's. Has anyone had the 06 and 07? if so how did they compare.
    Josh, I have had the 07 Carlito, didn't do much for me. Definately wasn't worth the MSRP, of course, which I didn't pay. Haven't had the 06 but I am sure it HAS to be better. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    RaschNuts:
    jr_p951:
    Josh, I have had the 07 Carlito, didn't do much for me. Definately wasn't worth the MSRP, of course, which I didn't pay. Haven't had the 06 but I am sure it HAS to be better. Hope this helps.
    Todd lies. It Doesnt HAVE to be better. I think I have an 06 if your interested.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got some GoF Carlito from the 2004 release (which if I remember was in 2006), 2005, 2006 and 2007. I also have DC from 2005 - 2007 releases. All I am missing is DC from 2004 and the new DC size and Serie B. Looking forward for them to come. Now, I forget how they taste or smoke. This is a cigar that I smoke maybe 1 of each blend per year. I haven't had the Carlito 2004 since I got them in 2007 I think. I prefer the DC though. I remember smoking one once for the hell of it on the way to a gig and getting there and not wanting to put it out it was so good. I wanted to smoke until all that was left was my two fingers. I need to revist these soon. I'm not sure when yet. Maybe when Jeff D comes out next week.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried them? Worth the MSRP for someone like me? (IE, not totally developed palate??)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."